Chapter 14: Catching up

Oscar

Throwing the spade down, I stared at the unmarked grave and frowned.

Even though he did unforgivable things to Eleanor, I owed it to him at least give him a burial. Once everything was over, I'd make sure to get a headstone. I wouldn't tell Eleanor, she wouldn't understand.

But Cole was truly trying to be a better person. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be reunited with Eleanor and our unborn baby. But he also tried to kill them and that was something I wouldn't stand for. How could I ever justify letting him live after all the lives he destroyed with his bare hands.

"I hope you're finally at peace brother".

Turning back to the house in a complete bundle of emotions, I opened up the back door and walked into the spare bedroom in which Eleanor had been asleep for almost a whole day.

Running my finger down her soft cheek, I took my time to look over her beautiful features. But she was not the same as before. Her cheeks were hollowed, her skin pale and dark circles sat under her eyes.

My baby had gone through battles she should have had no involvement in. The fact that she had slept for a whole day showed how unstoppable she had been. Brian was going to die in the most painful way. He was going to die at my hand for trying to tear my family apart.

Kissing Eleanor on her forehead, I smiled as she slowly stirred, but I had other plans.

Walking over to the other door in the room, I opened it up to reveal a very expensive looking bathroom.

Even though we were still in Cole's home, we had to be here a little longer. Once Eleanor's mental well-being had been taken care of and Sofia was back with us, I'd buy us a new home far away as a fresh start for all of us.

Turning the plug shut, I switched on the hot water tap and sighed. Looking in the cabinets, I was surprised to find an expensive looking bottle of bubble bath and poured a little of the clear liquid into the water instantly making it foam up to just the right amount.

This wasn't the same as the baths in our home. Eleanor loved baths and so I'd always spend a fortune on lotions, salts and creams because she loved them and I loved giving her a bath.

Running my hand through the warm water, I closed my eyes wondering what my little princess would be thinking. Was she crying that mummy didn't come home. Does she too think I am dead?

"I will bring you home soon sweetheart. I promise".

Looking back at the water, I stopped it as the water rose near the top and dimmed the lights down low.

"OSCAR!".

Eleanor screamed out my name in a panic. Fear, terror all coming from the bedroom.

Shakily pushing myself away from the tub, I ran into the room to see her cowering on the bed begging someone to stop.

"Baby, it's alright. I'm here" I whispered into her ear as I pulled her into my tight embrace.

Eleanor's body shook uncontrollably as she cried into my chest.

"He's here. Cole's here. He's going to touch me again, just like before. P-please don't let him do it".

All the whilst I debated whether killing my own brother was the right decision, this was exactly the reason why. He would only ever be a sadistic monster to her, no matter how good he was to her.

"Shhh baby, he's no longer here. He will never touch you again" I whispered in hopes of calming her down.

"He said that to the young girl, but he kept going whilst she begged him to stop. I-I he will take me again" she cried with her eyes shut. God, what did that sick bastard do.