Chapter 16: Game over

(That's Oscar in the picture)

Brian

Throwing Diane's bloodied body on her bed, I stared at her still unsure about whether to ignore the gut feeling within me to spare her life or not. Even though my mother died when I was young, Diane had been another mother to me.

As I stared at her, my eyes fell on her bedside table. There stood a photo frame with a picture of Oscar and I. Had I made a mistake? All the death because I wanted to avenge my little girl. What would she think of what her daddy had become.

But it was far too late to turn weak. I hadn't attempted to kill Oscar, shipped Eleanor and her baby off to a monster for nothing. The mafia was mine and Sofia was now mine. Oscar had miraculously survived, but he would be weak.

I didn't need any help. I had a plan to drive him off course. And I was going to do it today. His phone call set me on edge and now a grey cloud loomed over me. I had to kill him today so I could focus on getting Sofia away.

Turning away from Diane, I swiftly left her room and locked it behind me shoving the key into my pocket.

"Elijah, Diane has come down with a very bad migraine. She has asked me to inform you that she doesn't want to be disturbed. I've given her plenty of medications, food and water. Just let her be".

"Of course" he muttered before walking away to relay the message.

Looking at the direction of the kitchen, I saw the 2 maids I had instructed to clean up throwing away the shards of the plate.

Looking down at my hand, I smirked at the poorly wrapped bandage making it look like I had a clumsy episode and managed to spill my coffee, plate and cut myself on it. No-one would even question me.

Pulling out my phone, I stared at the unknown number and waited until everyone had left the hallway.

It was time.

Alright Oscar, let's meet man to man. Come to the botanical gardens. You know where to meet me in there. I'll be there at 10:30pm.

Sending the message, I looked around cautiously unsure whether Oscar would agree. Christmas Day was 2 days away and Sofia and I would be celebrating it in America. So if Oscar wasn't going to meet tonight, then he'd never get another chance.

But knowing Oscar, a message popped up from him.

Eager to see me again Brian?

Cocky as ever.

Of course. I replied.

Staring at the screen intensely, I waited for his response and within a minute he replied.

Sure. We'll meet. But I want both of my girls there. You said Eleanor was gone, but I want here there with Sofia. That's the only way we'll meet.

How little he knows. How would he react to know that the woman he loved was back in the clutches of one of the most sadistic cruel men. But I could oblige him and contact Cole to bring her with him for a little reunion. Oscar was weak and with Eleanor a prisoner and Cole on my side, the last thing he'd ever see before dying would be his girls screaming for him.

You have a deal Oscar. I'll see you there.

Slipping my phone back into my pocket, I walked over to my room and opened up my wardrobe.

I needed to pack. After killing Oscar, me and Sofia would fly to America to live our new life. I had connections in the New York mafia, and with us being in a new surrounding and news of Oscar's death. They'd take me for a new leader.