The Royal Lunch

Catra

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

I was currently running back through the woods towards the Fright Zone. The sun was well up now but my dress kept getting stuck on thorns and bushes.

Next time I'm wearing pants

I finally get to the field and I rush across. I try to run to the servants' entrance but someone's waiting there for me.

"Well well well. Where have you been, Princess?" Octavia says from the shadow of the doorway.

"I-" I start to say but she grabs my arm and pulls me inside. She doesn't let me go until I'm back in my room. She leaves and locks the door but I bang on it anyways. My arm still has red imprints from her fingers.

Bitch

I lay down on my bed and get ready to face my fate. A tear rolls down my face as I ponder the impossible decision I had to make.

Adora or my people?

I hear the servants' door creak open and Lonnie slowly steps in and closes the door behind her, quietly.

"Hey Princess, I heard the rumors but I had to come to see you for myself. What's going on? Are you ok?" she asks softly sitting next to me.

"Ughh" I groan and sit up.

"Woah um, your majesty do you want me to fix you up before um you have to talk to you know who," she says in a half-whisper.

"Honestly I don't even care anymore. I'd be dressing up for my death at this point" I say. "But I guess it couldn't hurt."

"I'll prepare a bath right away, your highness," Lonnie says bowing and leaving.

Honestly, I'm so sad right now, maybe washing everything off would help

Lonnie returns a couple of minutes later and we head to the royal bathroom.

It's just a tub in a tiled room but they call it 'royal' to make it sound fancy or whatever.

I disrobe and step in. The soap makes the water cloudy and I sink into the warm water, letting my tears mix in with the water. Lonnie has put rose petals in as well.

Man she cares about me

...

I can't leave her and the others

"Are you sure you're ok?" she asks again concerned. She's begun to rub my back with a loofah.

"I'm so torn Lonnie," I say sighing. I blow bubbles and let the bath melt away my problems.

"About Lord Prime, Princess?" she asks, pouring water on my hair.

I hiss but relax when she rubs rosemary-smelling soap into my hair.

"Yeah I guess...what do you think I should do?" I say turning to her.

"Well I-I really can't say um," she says looking around nervously.

"Please," I say grabbing her hand and giving her pleading eyes. "Tell me, please."

She sighs and takes a deep breath.

"I think you shouldn't marry him. He's a creep, a dictator, and an overall terrible person" she says quietly.

I lean back in the tub and sink under the water. I come back up with a smile at her.

"Well, then we need to think of a plan," I say smiling.

-time skip bc this chapter's long-