The lady in waiting

Artist credit: edited by Certified Lonnie Stan on Tumblr

A/N: This story will feature side chapters about and from the perspective of another character. This one's Lonnie :)

Lonnie

I honestly don't know what I want to do with my life. Rogelio, Kyle, and I are all orphans. When we were old enough, Light Spinner 'adopted' us and taught us how to work in the castle. I worked in the kitchen and I played with Rogelio, Kyle, and Princess Catra. When I was older I was promoted to lady-in-waiting, Catra's lady in waiting to be precise.

Now I didn't hate this. I mean it was a little weird but Catra was always nice to me...even if she was moody. I've always dreamed about leaving the Horde and traveling somewhere else. And I've always had feelings for Rogelio. I mean come on he was a tall tan buff guy with green hair! But he and Kyle have been flirting so I didn't know if it's going to work out. Honestly, I've also had feelings for Kyle recently too. Which is crazy right?! I mean it's Kyle. But I don't know, he's sweet, kind and actually really funny. But even if I liked him it's not like we could all be together. The Fright Zone has a strict monogamous, heterosexual-only rule...but what if we left?

Not yet I can't leave Catra. She is about to have a lot of trouble coming up and I need to be here for her.

I really feel bad for her. She has no control over her life. I try to help when I can but there's really nothing I can do except for bringing her treats and sneaking her out of boring meetings.

But recently things have gotten so much worse. I've heard stories about Lord Prime, the world killer. And now he's set his sights on Etheria, on Catra. If I were in her shoes I would run far far away from here. I'm honestly kinda surprised she hasn't already. She puts a lot of pressure on herself, and she honestly cares for her people so much.

Ugh but Lord Prime is such a creep. Poor Catra. I'm trying my best to help her but I'm worried I'm not doing enough.

"Lady Lonnie, come here please," Madame says.

"Yes, Madame?" I say walking over to the head woman.

"Here. Make sure the Princess is dressed in 10. Light Spinner wants to talk to her" Madame says handing me folded fancy clothes.

"Yes Madame," I say curtsying slightly. I hurry off through the servants' door. I climb the wooden stairs up to the tower.

"Catra? It's me" I say lightly knocking at the door. I hear a muffled groaning and take that as my sign to go in. I open the door and see Catra under the covers.

"Princess? Time to get up" I say opening the drapes. She hisses and goes back under the covers. I roll my eyes and tug the covers off. Catra growls at me.

"Knock it off Lonnie, I'm trying to sleep away my life," she says annoyed.

I laugh. "I understand but it's my head on the chopping block if you don't get up," I say jokingly (even though it was true).

"Fine fine but you need to appreciate the lengths I go to for you," she says dramatically getting up.

"Catra! Your face?!" I say startled. I haven't seen her since two days ago, the day of Adora's birthday. She's been locked in her room since Octavia caught her sneaking back in.