Back to reality

These cuties r by @taracandycorn on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/taracandycorn/

Catra

May 23, 1596

"My lady, we must decide on the color scheme for the curtains in the banquet hall," a nobleman with little hair asks Light Spinner. Light Spinner turned to me with a look that said, 'show me what you got Catrina'.

I cleared my voice and the man turned to me. I scooted around in the throne chair not quite fitting in it well. "Let's go with a beige and burgundy scheme, it'll be a muted version of our kingdom's colors" I explained.

The man bowed, "thank you Princess Catrina" he said before leaving. As the doors closed I sighed tiredly.

"Is this really the best use of my time? Deciding curtain color schemes?" I questioned Light Spinner. She turned with a puckered frown.

"Yes, Catrina, you are the future Queen which means you must deal with even the smallest, menial problems," she said as if I was a child.

"Whatever, I would like to return to prison-oh wait I meant room," I said with a sarcastic smile. I got up to go when Light Spinner cleared her voice. I turned around, annoyed. Ever since Princess Prom, our relationship was no longer fake sweet. We no longer hid behind snarky jabs and passive-aggressive comments. Now we were openly bitter toward one another.

"You are not to leave until you are dismissed, your highness," Light Spinner said condescendingly.

"Fine! May I be dismissed?!" I yell at her. She scowls.

"No, you may not."

"WHY NOT?!!" I yell, throwing my hands out.

Light Spinner rose from her throne, her beady eyes fixated on me with a cunning and cruel glare. "Because, Princess, your fiancée is visiting the Fright Zone today. He will be arriving any minute now and you will wait for him here." She patted the empty throne next to her. The hair on the back of my neck rose.

"H-He's coming here? Now?!" I said, my body started trembling nervously.

"Yes," Light Spinner said and then glanced back to the throne. I didn't move. It was like my chest had forgotten how to breathe. My one night of freedom was over, I was back to this...my personal beast island.

"B-But" I stuttered.

"Remember the deal Catrina" Light Spinner glared down at me. Her bony finger lifted up the necklace where Adora's ring was spinning around. I gulped, trying to swallow the fear and sadness.

"Y-Yes I remember."

Light Spinner softened. "Good girl," she said, her eyes smiling with the pure happiness she got from bossing people around. I sulked and sat back on the throne.

"Let's move onto the plate settings" she commands. I groan and sink further into my seat.

Hopefully, Adora's having more fun than I am...

Adora

"What do you mean you can't?!" I yelled. Bow's dads look at each. George looks annoyed and Lance looks sympathetic. "S-Sorry," I say, taking a breath.

George sighs, "It's ok Adora, we understand," he says holding his husband's hand.

"It's not that we can't, it's just that it'll be hard. The Horde has a specific parchment that we don't have access to" Lance explains.