Mara

Art credit: TheSleepyNebula

Mara's POV

Many many years ago

"Adora dearie!" an old woman says hugging me. I giggle.

"Sorry, I'm not the person you're looking for" I reply politely.

The old woman takes a step back and examines me.

"Ah not yet...it's you Mara isn't it?" she says. I'm caught by surprise.

"How-how did you know my name?" I stutter.

The old woman smiles up at me. "Don't be silly Mara dearie, you know your Madame Razz" the old woman says putting an arm around me.

Suddenly my head hurts and I wince in pain. I lose consciousness and fall down. Next thing I know I'm laying down on a bed. I look up and see the old woman muttering something under her breath. This purple glowing liquid is placed on my head and wounds. Then just like that the pain is gone.

"Now tell me, child, how did you get here?" the woman says seriously.

"I-I don't remember," I say holding my head. I try to remember but I can't. I remember waking up in a crashed spaceship and then limping around and then running into Razz.

"How old are you dearie? You can't be more than fourteen?" the woman says handing me a bowl of soup. I take a long sip.

"I'm sorry I don't know," I say sadly. The old woman cups my cheek lovingly and wipes my tears away.

"It's okay dearie, just get some rest ok?" she says softly. I nod and she places a blanket over me. I fall asleep quickly, hoping to find more answers tomorrow.

A year later

"Razz look! I'm totally doing it" I say sparring with a tree. Razz chuckles a plucks the sword from my hands.

"Dearie you're going to hurt yourself," she says patting my head.

"Razz I want to learn how to fight, will you teach me?" I plead giving puppy dog eyes.

She chuckles. "Me? I'm just an old woman who lives in the woods who dabbles in healing magic, I don't know how to fight" she says.

"Come onnnn! I saw you fight off the bandits at the fair last month, I know you know how to fight!" I argue.

She thinks for a few minutes and then sighs. "Fine, I'll train you to fight but first you have to prove you know how to do chores. Good knights know how to clean."

"Razzzzzzz" I groan. I frown but give in. "Fine deal," I say cheering up.

The sword, helmet, and armor were the only things in the spaceship besides me. And I was planning on using them.

3 years later

Being 'crowned' She Ra was a big honor. I was the head knight of Bright Moon and the protector of the King and Queen. I loved living in Bright Moon, the bay, the food, the people, everything, and everyone was so cool. Though I still desperately wanted to know where I was from.