The Midnight Club

Catra

I wake up in a field of pink flowers. The sky is a golden yellow. Wispy clouds dot the sky. I look around, there's nothing else there. I turn back around and a tree has appeared in the distance.

Huh, weird

I walk towards it and two figures come into view.

"Stop it, Reggie, you're going to hurt the baby," a woman says while laughing.

"Relax Lily," a man says while picking up the woman and spinning her around.

"Reggieeeeee! Put me down!" she screams.

The man laughs and puts her down. She lightly shoves him and then puts her hands on her stomach.

"Liliana, the baby's fine, I promise," the man says while cupping the woman's face.

"You don't know that," she says while huffing and walking away from him.

"Lily? Liliana?! Come back, I'm sorry" the man shouts.

She walks back and shoves his chest. "You know how hard it was to get pregnant. The last time I was this far along the baby-the baby didn't-" The woman starts crying and the man pulls her into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry, my love. I didn't realize you still felt all this pain. I have been insensitive" the man says while tears roll down his face.

Suddenly the woman smiles. "Reggie did you feel that?" the woman asks while sniffling. She looks up at the confused man. She grabs his hand and places it on her stomach.

"The baby! The baby kicked!" the man says excitedly. The woman smiles and nods and the man wraps her in a big hug. Tears of joy stream down their faces and they erupt into joyful laughter.

"I have a name already, even though the baby isn't due for five more months," the woman says.

The husband stares down at her and she continues. "If it's a boy, Raelm, if it's a girl, Catrina."

"I like Catrina," the man says, "but I was thinking Reginald Jr if it's a boy" he playfully says.

"No," the woman says rolling her eyes. "And I don't care about the gender but I hope it's girl," she says leaning in.

"Me too," the man says kissing her with a smile.

Are those my-my parents?

Am I dead?

No, I can't be dead, I just had dinner and then passed out on my bed

Suddenly the scene changes. The sky is dark purple with huge storm clouds. The flowers start dying all around me. The man and woman have disappeared.

A bed appears in the distance and I run towards it. The same woman lies on it. Her eyes are closed and her breathing is heavy. The man from before appears, standing next to her. He starts talking.

"But I don't understand how is she sick?" the man says.

"I'm sorry your majesty, I don't know, I can run more tests-"

"Just hurry doctor," the man says, his voice strained.

"Yes, sire," the other voice says.

The man kneels and holds the woman's hand. He begins crying. His sobs sound so painful.

"Your majesty?" another voice says.

"Yes?" the man says standing up and composing himself.

"Your daughter she-"