Dress-Up

A/N: Hey girls, gays, and theys! I'm back! I have taken this time to write a lot of chapters that'll be released every Friday for one month :) Enjoy!

Adora

May 8, 1596

It was one week til Princess Prom. Time had flown by. It felt like just yesterday Catra and I were celebrating my birthday, kissing in the field, holding her...

"Adora! Stop daydreaming and help me pick out a dress! I want something that says warrior princess that can crush your skull but also beat you in a dance-off" Glimmer rattled on.

"I wasn't daydreaming about Catra, you were daydreaming about Catra," I said half-awake. My lack of relaxation and sleep had finally caught up with me. I kept having nightmares of Catra calling out for help and me not being able to save her. Glimmer was currently ransacking the castle wardrobe to find something suitable for Princess Prom.  Piles of floofy dresses lay around me as I dodged the garments Glimmer threw behind her back.

Glimmer paused and turned around on her heel, a half smile on her face. "Uh-huh," she said with a knowing eye roll. With that, she turned back around to continue her search.

"What?! I wasn't!" I tried to save face but it was obviously not working.

"Adora you're not going to be like this when we go to Princess Prom, right? You're totally aloof! Love has made you soft" Glimmer said as she dug through a basket.

"What?! I-I am not-you don't know-how dare you accuse me-...you're right" I muttered.

Glimmer turned back around with a smirk. "Of course I am, but remember we have two different objectives for this mission. We need to get a private audience with the Horde Princess and during that, we can find and rescue Catra."

My mouth made a sad whimpering noise and I clapped my hands to my face. Glimmer turned to me with a raised eyebrow and a bewildered look. "I-I don't know what that was. I think I just miss her" I said while anxiously twirling my hair.

"Duh!" Glimmer said, throwing her hands out with emphasis. "You love her and you can't see her so of course you're sad," Glimmer said with a somewhat lecture-like tone. I looked at her with wide eyes. Yes, the sparkly Princess was usually outspoken but I was always surprised by the timing of her rants. "The point is that your feelings are valid," she said with a smile and a thumbs up.

"Oh ok thanks," I said feeling supported but also a little attacked. Leave it to Glimmer to give you a supporting lecture.

"Oo! I think I found the one!" Glimmer said excitedly. She jumped up and down as she held onto a glittering purple dress. It was poofy at the bottom and had big puffy sleeves off the shoulder. The top was tighter and had a straight neckline.

"You'll be able to move in that?" I inquired, getting up.

"I should be able to, yeah. But if things take a turn for the worst I have pants underneath" she said with a wink. I laughed as she went behind the divider.

"Ok while you do that I'm going to try out the obstacle course I made earlier," I said, trying to sneak out of the room.

"Don't take another step! We're not done yet!" Glimmer shouted behind the divider. I sighed and slumped down into a chair. Glimmer walked out in her dress. She twirls and the dress swishes around her. Her long pinkish-purple hair was fastened up into a makeshift updo. "So what do you think?" Glimmer said, smiling ear to ear.

"You look really beautiful Glimmer," I say with a smile.

"Yes! That'll teach Bow a lesson!" Glimmer said, pumping her fist.