Slice of Paradise

Artist credit: @Fawnduu on Twitter

Catra

I woke up in the middle of the night because of a strange nightmare. I was in the woods and there was a woman there in red and black clothing. She had a mask covering her entire face and black magic surrounded her. I don't know why, but I was scared of her. I tried running away but she would appear in front of me, wherever I would go. Finally, she grabbed me and I stared into her cold black eyes. "I've found you Catra."

It was startling, to say the least. Adora stirred in her sleep. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her shoulder gently before going back to sleep. When I woke up it was morning. Adora's hand was in my hair and she was still sleeping with her mouth open. I giggle and stretch. The movement wakes up the blonde. She lazily wraps her arms around me and kisses my neck.

"Good morning love," she says muffled. I giggle again and turn my head toward her. I lean in a kiss her. It's sweet and soft, we're both still just waking up.

"Good morning, my girlfriend," I say brushing my lips against hers.

"Wow, possessive this morning aren't we?" Adora teases.

"Yes, because of this," I say holding out my newly bedazzled ring finger. Adora takes my hand and kisses it lightly.

"That's fair," she says leaning in for kisses again. I giggle and enjoy being with her, my girlfriend! It feels so right...

There's a loud knock at the door. Adora jumps off me and walks over to open it. Razz is standing there with her eyes closed.

"It's safe to look Razz," Adora says laughing. Razz skeptically opens her eyes.

"I am just taking precautions" she explains. She leans in and whispers to Adora. "You are acting like the respectful young lady I raised you to be right?"

Adora turns red. "Of-f course! We haven't-we're not..." she says panicking. Both Razz and I laugh as the girl turns a brighter shade of red.

"Well then, I just wanted to tell you dearies that breakfast is ready," Razz says excusing herself. I get up as Adora recovers.

"Come on, I want food," I say tugging at her sleeve. She rolls her eyes and chuckles.

"Fine, get on my back"

"What?"

"I'm giving you a piggyback ride to the kitchen," she says smiling.

"It's literally like ten steps and I'm not a child-"

"So you don't want to?"

"...I never said that." I hop on Adora's back. "To the kitchen," I say enthusiastically. Adora laughs and she runs to the kitchen. I hold onto her shirt as she runs, enjoying the pure joy I was feeling.

We get to the kitchen and she puts me down on the bench. She sits next to me as Razz brings plates over.

"Thanks, Madam Razz," I say happily.

"Oh please dearie, call me Razz," the woman says rustling my hair.

"Ok, thanks Razz!" I say smiling. Adora wraps her arm around me and gives me head kisses as I giggle.