( xxvi. trust issues ) .* :☆゚

꒰ TRUST ISSUES ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 back to México was one Estella was not excited for. In her head she made up her mind that instead of betraying two people she cared about she was going to play both sides no matter how hard that would be. With Miguel, she would have the person she loved but with Isabella, she would have her independence which she would never have with Miguel Ángel. It was complicated but this decision felt best for her. She needed to think about herself and couldn't play weak it was crucial in a life like this to remain strong.

"Are you there Estella?" Miguel Ángel said causing Estella to snap out of her trance. She looked up at him as she remained in her seat. He handed her a glass of champagne as she sat up straight.

"Yes, I was just thinking. Nada más." Estella shook her head while forcing herself to let out a small laugh. She sat the glass of champagne down to the table near her. Miguel Ángel appeared to be content with the deal with the CIA agent to now being able to possibly have Estella back. It felt like things were starting to fall into place again.

"¿Estás segura?" Miguel questioned sipping on his drink. Estella genuinely smiled turning to face him.

"Yes. I had said we were going to talk but now that we can I have no idea what to say. It's...confusing and also nerve-wracking. This is a hard situation, and I hope you realize that." Estella replied as her eyes remained on Miguel. He slowly nodded his head agreeing that this was a very hard situation. But Estella had her mind made up but it was not as easy to say out loud as it was in her mind. She almost felt wrong for deciding to pick both sides but in this way, Miguel nor Isabella would get hurt.

"I know Estella but I showed you enough. I'm better now and you saw that deal with that gringo he works for the CIA and I managed to make a deal with him." Miguel seemed to be hesitant and almost to be nervous about this discussion with Estella. It was a hard one for the both of them. Estella swallowed the gulp in her throat feeling somewhat guilty by her decision she meant no betrayal towards Miguel and Isabella she just needed to do what was best for herself for once. But that meant lying.

"I can see the change. I truly can Miguel and I think we can fix this but understand that you broke things off with me at your own birthday party. You broke things off with your fiancé because you felt suspicious of me that I would come to give you up to the damn police...I love you, Miguel, a lot, and you know that and I realize that you cannot trust anyone within your group including some of your friends but with me, it is a whole different story. I was your fiancé, a person that was basically ripped away from my home in Guadalajara and still chose to be with you." Estella raised her voice soon lowering it realizing they weren't exactly alone with Azul sleeping once again nearby. Miguel pulled out a cigarette knowing that if he wanted to make this conversation peaceful and it to turn out as he wanted he would need to be careful with his words knowing Estella could easily end the discussion.