( xiv. mentiras ) .* :☆゚

꒰ MENTIRAS ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 HAD passed since the death of Jackson and although Estella was not mourning by any means it still bothered her not knowing who had done it. Both she and Miguel Ángel knew it wasn't a good look for the Guadalajara cartel. Easily anyone could assume that it was someone involved in the cartel. They both knew that perhaps that wasn't the case but wanted to be sure that absolutely nobody in the cartel had been the one to murder Jackson.

Estella had to stay at Miguel Ángel's house for the two days since he told her it was important for her safety not to be seen out in public. He wouldn't admit it but the other reason he wanted her there was to be able to spend more time with her even in the chaos they were enduring. Estella liked his house and wanted nothing more but to explore every room but knew that there were far more significant things to think about.

She sat in the large living room area as the television played. It was morning and she was becoming used to watching the news to check for any updates but recently no news channels had reported Jackson's death or any leads on it. But finally, today was the day and it wasn't going to be just Jackson who was going to be on the screen on the television. Little did she know her face would be on the center of it as well since Kiki had followed up with his plan on releasing the shocking information on Estella the Conesas had so desperately tried to hide from the media.

"Estella Conesa the daughter of the Secretary of Education is photographed alongside Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo outside of an art exhibit where an American man named Jackson Morrison was tragically shot and killed. It was said that Morrison was the fiancé of Estella and that she would eventually leave her entire life of college, family, and friends to join the Guadalajara cartel. Despite not being confirmed Estella Conesa has been rumored to be a mistress of Félix and is now heavily active in the cartel. She has been photographed many times with Félix and Isabella Bautista. There have not been any leads on Jackson Morrison's case as of this moment."

Estella watched the reporter shuffle her papers and saw the screen reveal her image from the night of the wedding. It had seemed like that day was a long time ago but she realized it hadn't been so long since the day of the wedding.