𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍 𝙸𝚍𝚎𝚊

Lisa had to take her seat again, shaking her head in disbelief. How could her parents not say anything against this clause? She felt betrayed, after giving all her heart and soul into this company, a company that she had been raised to manage since she was a small child. Her father would always give her lessons - to be more disciplined, to be smart, to think with her head. Those lessons forged her into the woman she became today. After graduating and acquiring her MBA Lisa worked side by side with her parents. That was until two months ago that they died in an airplane crash on a stormy night while they were gone on business.

Today she had finally gathered all the company shareholders to discuss the actions that the company was going to take, after all she couldn't mourn her parents forever, she had responsibilities and as her father would always say "Head over heart," she had to honor his word and move on with her obligations within this company.

However, to her surprise, Lisa found herself with her hands tied by a clause that her own parents approved within each member of the board, the twelve of them. The only way she was going to be able to be the CEO of this company was if she was married.

"Oh Lisa," Yoosun smiled from the other side of the large oak table, each of the other chairs occupied by the members of the board. "This clause was meant to protect the company, not to make life miserable for you."

Lisa slumped in her leather chair, she leaned her head into the headrest and closed her eyes, and the pounding inside was going to kill her. She sat back up straight again and propped her elbows over the table, entangling her fingers and eyed the steel blue of Yoosun's eyes.

"So that means that I won't have control of my share until I am married?" Yoosun nodded.

"You have 40% of the shares of Manoban Inc. Yoosun, that means that as the second member with the majority of shares you would be the Interim CEO as I am single, correct?"

"Indeed Lisa, I will be in charge of leading this company to greatness, just as your parents would want." Yoosun stood up looking at each of the 12 members of the board. "I give my word that I will make my best effort and lead Manoban Inc. to more accomplishments, that is until little Lisa is ready."

"Very well. Thank you all for coming, now please leave." Lisa lowered her gaze, her clenched jaw was the only evidence of her discomfort. "Suho we need to talk."

Her lawyer and confidante Suho nodded and approached the big meeting table as the rest of the members of the board emptied the room.

Once again she had to hear how sorry they were from her loss, Lisa hated the condescendence of this people.

"Please sit," Lisa turned in her chair to face the Korean man who took the chair next to hers as the conference room was now completely empty.

"What the hell is this, Suho!" Lisa hit the table with her fist. "How I had no idea this clause existed?"

Suho raised his arms in surrender; the fury of the brunette with wild curls framing her face was overwhelming. "Miss Lisa, your parents were simply worried that you were buried in work so much. You started working in this company when you where 18 years old, even during your college years you still did work. Now that you completed your MBA you dedicated 1000% to work."

"That's what my parents wanted! I don't understand? I am ready to lead this company, but now you tell me I can't because I have to marry? Instead Yoosun is going to control this company?" Lisa stood up from her chair and paced around the large room, the floor-to-ceiling windows revealed the huge city of Seoul beneath her; it was such beautiful scenery that contrasted with the building of Manoban Inc.

"Didn't they trust me?" Her voice was not of anger anymore, but more childlike, she felt her parents had betrayed her trust with this clause.

"They did, but they wanted you to be happy as well, to find someone who makes you smile. After Miss Tzuyu ended things between you two, you closed yourself to the world and devoted yourself to the company. Your mother was very worried for you Miss Lisa, you stopped living your life and just focused on the survival of the company, nothing else mattered to you." Suho followed Lisa and rested his big hand over her slender shoulder. "Their last wish for you is to live, Lisa. To live a life with a good woman that makes you smile again, not to rule a company."