𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙻𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Three days. Three sunrises and three sunsets and Chaeyoung was still nowhere to be seen. Lisa made her way back to her bed because it smelled of Chaeyoung, and that's how she fell asleep at night - remembering what she lost for being out of control. She made a big mistake, and she was paying the price.

She texted Chaeyoung everyday telling her she missed her, telling her how sorry she was for taking their friendship for granted. But Chaeyoung would not reply so Lisa stopped, giving Chaeyoung the space she needed to think. Lisa had resisted the temptation to go to the hospital or to Chaeyoung's old apartment and see her. If Chaeyoung wanted privacy and time alone, she could give her that. Still it hurt not having her back; it hurt way worse than losing Tzuyu.

Lisa contacted Somi letting her know how deeply sorry she was, hoping that she would relay her messages to Chaeyoung. They always had fights, even the best friends in the world have their conflicts, but this one was much worse, she had been offensive and rude. Chaeyoung was right, she was treating her like merchandise by showing her off to the press and co-workers. If Chaeyoung didn't kick her ass, she was going to make sure to establish new rules to protect the integrity of her friend. No more press and no more fake affection. If only Lisa had kept her mouth shut, none of this would have happened.

Lisa came back home after another gruesome day at work. She couldn't focus whatsoever so she called it a day a bit earlier than usual and returned to her empty bedroom. Lisa tossed the jacket on the bed and picked up her cell phone. "Hey Jisoo, I need a bit of stress relief. I was thinking about going to the bar near your office, yes, that one, the Dropship. Great, I'll meet you there in an hour." Lisa put the phone back in its place and grabbed her car keys. She needed to talk with someone regarding this messed up situation, and Jisoo was her second best choice after Chaeyoung. Everyone probably knew that they had fought, and that made it all more humiliating. All her friends and Chaeyoung's parents had to be aware of her big faux pas by now.

Lisa changed into comfortable clothes, blue jeans and a red flannel shirt. Then she picked up a leather jacket and slid her hands in it. She petted Hank before meeting her driver.

"Ryder, take me to the Octagon please."

"Right away, Miss Lisa."

Lisa pulled out her phone and texted good night to Chaeyoung before heading out.

The traffic was as usual insane, but they made it to the pub on time. Ryder parked her car and waited in the car until her boss told him otherwise. Lisa strolled inside the small venue located in a busy corner of the city.

Dim lights welcomed her, the smell of cheap beer and cigarettes filled the place. In the corner there was a pool table where some regulars played and across the room a pinball machine which Lisa used regularly. She was the top scorer.

A jukebox filled the bar with music while the patrons engaged in small talk with their buddies.

She found her usual booth in the back of the bar where it was usually darker and more private and met Jisoo who greeted her with a grin.

"Hey nerd how are you?"

Lisa took her seat in front Jisoo. "Miserable," Lisa slid into the booth hiding her face behind her hands.

"Okay, we're gonna need more than beer tonight." Jisoo signaled the waitress, and the woman approached. "Hey, two vodkas please and thank you."

The waitress winked at Jisoo and went to get the order. "I ruined it, didn't I?"

"Kind of. That was shitty of you Lis." The waitress left the two glasses on the table, and Jisoo took a sip. "Let's drink first."

Lisa drank trying to ease the intense pain; she drank trying to cloud her traitorous mind that replayed Chaeyoung's lips kissing her over and over in an infinite loop. Once her tongue felt less heavy, she dared to speak her mind.