𝙰 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙

At first light in the morning Chaeyoung stirred in bed, she was wrapped in a warm blanket or so she thought because she was extremely comfy. And why does it feel like the blanket is breathing on her neck?

Chaeyoung snapped her eyes open. She was slightly confused, but as her eyes searched for the comfortable weight over her body she found her best friend Lisa comfortably asleep on top of her. Her brown curls sprawled on Chaeyoung's torso as Lisa breathed in and out peacefully.

That reminded her of last night, of Lisa's odd behavior since their arrival in Jeju and her confession. Chaeyoung realized she had her arms wrapped around the tanned skin of the brunette tracing her hip softly with her thumb. She tried to sit up quietly without disturbing Lisa, but it was almost impossible to do when Lisa's legs and arms were entangled in Chaeyoung's.

The blonde sighed slowly. Lisa had been so vulnerable, and Chaeyoung hurt badly for her. She seriously thought about finding Tzuyu so she could punch her face for ruining Lisa. Her friend had been dealing with those memories all alone, and last night when she finally shared what she saw in detail, it had been heartbreaking.

Chaeyoung frowned and touched her lips. "Oh god." They had kissed last night, tongue and everything.

Chaeyoung understood that the kiss came from a place of necessity for Lisa, to make a connection to mitigate the pain. There was no other reason why Lisa kissed her last night. Besides, she kissed that damn bartender too which makes sense if one thinks about Lisa's current state of mind. Lisa was broken, and the kiss cemented her feelings by bringing some peace into her heart. Or at least, brought some sense of humanity to her. She had shut down after being wounded by Tzuyu.

Chaeyoung kissed Lisa's head with care trying not to wake her. It had taken her time to sleep, and Lisa needed the rest.

Through the curtains she could see the blue of the sky. It was another beautiful day in Jeju. A place that was special to Lisa - where memories from her childhood were in every spot of the city. Chaeyoung was happy she got to know her friend more deeply. The memories they were building together were something that no one could rip away from them.

A glimpse at her ring reminded Chaeyoung of her status, she wasn't single anymore; she was a married woman and her wife was on top of her. At least married on paper because right now they were friends. Friends who kissed intimately last night, no big deal.

Lisa shifted her position and realizing where she was, she lifted her body off of Chaeyoung and sat on the empty space left on the mattress.

"Good morning Lisa," Chaeyoung was impressed, seeing Lisa wake up first thing in the morning did things to her. She was damn pretty, not like Chaeyoung that looked like a potato sack in the morning. They shared a bed a few times when they went camping or to Mount Kumgang with the rest of their

friends. Every time Lisa awoke was like the sun rising from its slumber. Chaeyoung offered a dopey smile to make Lisa feel comfortable. By Lisa's tense body language, she was probably thinking about her actions last night, and Chaeyoung didn't want Lisa to relive those sad moments again.

Lisa pushed her brown locks away from her face to turn her attention to Chaeyoung, a small smile tugged on her lips. She wiped her sleepy eyes with the heel of her hands. "Morning Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung crawled up the mattress and leaned her back on the headboard. "How are you?"

Lisa joined Chaeyoung, sitting hip to hip. "I'm okay, thank you." Lisa paused looking at her hands. "I'm sorry about last night..."

Lisa did not meet Chaeyoung's eyes yet, she was hesitant to say whatever was running through her mind.