𝙼𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚊

Chaeyoung was waiting in a chair in the hospital emergency area, you couldn't call it a room. Her mother was behind the white curtains that offered some privacy to patients and was tending to her sick friend, wife. Chaeyoung didn't know how to describe their relationship anymore. Chaeyoung jumped to her feet when her mother emerged from behind the curtain.

"It's okay honey, Lisa is going to be fine." Claire announced while putting her stethoscope around her neck.

The enormous relief Chaeyoung felt was indescribable. "Thanks mom."

"Jackson says she was very dehydrated, plus her leukocytes levels were a bit low, which resulted in the current infection. She has been placed on an IV drip to restore her fluids and provide an antibiotic treatment. She will need to rest for a couple of days, but she will be back home soon. We just have to make sure she doesn't catch any other infection from the hospital, and her fever will be monitored." Claire reported.

Chaeyoung nodded. "Can I see her?"

"She's asleep but sure baby, be brief though. I'll make sure to move her to a private room. I can see some reporters outside already, guess someone recognized Lisa and tipped the press. She's going to be fine baby, I promise." Claire smiled trying to provide some comfort to her daughter who wore a grim expression, her saddened eyes filled with a storm of emotions, and it was almost impossible to tell what was going through her head.

Chaeyoung nodded thankful for her mother who was on the night shift and provided fast attention to her wife. The doctor pushed the curtains to the side and saw her sleeping spouse on the gurney, tubes connected to her veins and and monitors attached to her chest.

Chaeyoung pulled a chair and took Lisa's hand in hers, pressing kisses on top. She read the chart attached to the front of the bed to fully understand how they were treating her wife.

"You're going to be fine Lis. You fucking scared me to death." Tears started to fall from her eyes, feeling the warm hand and seeing the color return slowly to Lisa's body alleviated the worry. Chaeyoung sighed her distress and pulled Lisa's hand on her cheek.

"I'm sorry Lis, for being such a clueless idiot. I thought that..." She let another sob slip from her lips. "I'll make sure to do this right. Just get better please." Chaeyoung kissed Lisa's forehead and held her hand until she was interrupted by a nurse.

"Excuse me, we are moving— Doc Chaeyoung?" Momo gasped seeing the gorgeous blonde emotional by the bed.

"Momo, are you on this floor today?" Chaeyoung asked with a tired voice, she kept holding Lisa's hand close to her body, keeping her warm.

"No, but your mom told me to come and get this very important patient. I had no idea it was Lisa.

Should I call any relative? Her wife?" Momo took out the history chart to check the treatment provided for the businesswoman.

"The wife is here... It's me." Chaeyoung confessed, her voice cracked the tiniest, but she looked Momo in the eye.

Momo gasped, "You? What? How? I mean, I thought... What?" Momo was assimilating the information as fast as she could.

"Sorry I lied to you, I had hoped to keep my marriage a secret because it was for convenience, to help Lisa with her business. It was supposed to be fake, but it's not fake. Nothing is fake, not my feelings, not how she makes me feel." Chaeyoung began to sob, more tears being freed by her rambling emotions.

"We will take care of your wife, Doctor Park." Momo offered a compassionate smile and rested her hand on the blonde's shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze.. "Now we're gonna move her to a more private area, too many cameras outside."