Chapter 15

Lilith's POV

I start yawning for longer than usual, and I as go to close my mouth and open my eyes, I feel a quick stinging sensation on the left side of my face.

I open my eyes to see Lora standing in front of me in a drunken stupor. "You ungreat-vul, little freak-k." Lora says, with a bit of a slur. "You deserve every sssecond of pain!"

She was starting to get louder, which meant more violent.

Her slap didn't even phase me, to be honest.

"I'm so tired of your shit, Lora. Just because Mom and Dad are gone. Never coming back. Doesn't mean you have the fucking right to hit me!" I yelled, kind of trying to signal Chris and Devin.

Chris walks into my doorway about a minute after Lora and I screaming at each other. "The cops are on their way." He says, with a smirk.

Devin walks up behind Chris and looks at all of us, but stops at Lora and glares. "You're NEVER going to lay another finger on Lilith, you worthless drunk, bitch!" Devin yells, and tries to get closer to Lora, but Chris puts his arm across the doorway. "Lilith, come here." He holds his hand out to me. I, without hesitation, grab it and he gently pulls me toward him.

"Fuck you alll..." Lora slurs and falls onto my bed as there is a knock on the front door. Chris turns and goes to answer it.

Devin and I hear the thud of heavy walking getting closer to the hallway. He put his arm around my shoulders and brought me closer to him. "Everything's going to be okay." He said softly.

I actually believe him.

The cop in front asks which one of us is Lora, and Devin and I point to the poor excuse for a human laying on my bed.

Within 40 minutes, the cops are in, out, have asked their questions. They said that Lora will most likely be trialed later on, and that tomorrow she will be questioned.

Devin, Chris, and I all went to the livingroom and sat around watching TV, making small talk.

"You okay, Lilith?" Devin asked while laying a hand on my shoulder.

I sighed deeply. I really didn't know at the moment. "I guess so." I put my hand on Devin's, looked at him, and slightly smiled. "I'm just going to go to bed right now." I got up and walked towards the hallway.

I stopped. "Thank you, guys..."