Chapter 8

"Oh come on, Lilith, don't you like me? In fact, I heard that you thought I was hot and amazing, so making this decision shouldn't be that hard." The dark figure asked as it got closer to Lilith.

Lilith tried backing away, but she was already against a wall. "Please, just leave me alone. I don't know you... whoever you are."

"Do NOT give me that, 'Oh, I don't know you.' shit!" The figure placed its hand on the wall, next to Lilith's head. This caged her in; its arm to her right, the wall behind her, the wall to her left, and it in front of her.

The figure grabbed the bottom of her shirt. "Now let's have some fun you beautiful badass."

Lilith's POV

My eyes shoot open and I sit straight up, that sends pain through my abdomen, tears streaming down my face. Oh, God. What was that thing?

I look around after calming down. I'm still in the damn hospital, in this uncomfortable bed, and still next to Devin... who is sleeping in that chair. The Jack Skellington ear bud is still in his ear. I won't try to move it, it'll probably wake him if I do. I see Lora on the tiny "sofa" on the other side of the room. How late is it?

Checking my iPod... IT'S 3AM IN THE MORNING?!!! "Holy shit!" I whisper scream.

"Huh? What?" Devin's eyes open as he looks around, like he's in a daze.

"It's 3AM in the flipping morning. Damn, we slept a long time." I slowly lean back onto the bed, that is at an angle.

He shrugged, "Eh. Whatever. I didn't have anything to do today anyways." He stretched for a long time, while letting out a tiny, and quite adorable, squeak, when he popped his back. "Why were you crying?" He squinted a bit, examining my face.

I wiped my tear stained cheeks. "Oh... um. Bad dream."

"Want to talk about it?" He asked and propped his head up on his right hand.

"Not really."

"Okay. I'll respect thine wishes. Goodnight." He put his legs up in the chair awkwardly, close to his face, and laid his head on his knees.

"You're going back to sleep?" I ask, kind of confused.

"Yeah. Even though I'm a night owl, I can sleep a lot when I want to. Goodnight." He said while picking up my iPod. He turned on The Cure and put it back where it was, doing the same with his head.

"Well, okay. Nighty night." I put the other ear bud in and lay on my side carefully.

I get lulled back to sleep, in hopes of not having another nightmare, by my favorite The Cure song, Pictures Of You.