Chapter 7

Ghost's POV

Today I get to visit Lilith. I'm really excited.

I'm actually taking her a gift, too. I saw, in her stuff that day, that she had an old iPod, but it was smashed to bits. I felt bad, so I went to the store yesterday and got her a new iPod, the one she had was really old. This one is actually touch screen and has apps, not a circle pad to cycle through your music. Being a little creative, I got these small Halloween stickers and stuck them on the back of the black case I put on it. So to picture it, it's a black case with cute, tiny bat, ghost, and spider stickers all over it.

I really hope she likes it because I'm sure she's dying on the inside without her music.

~~~

I'm finally at the hospital and walking to her room. I get to it, open the door quietly, and step inside the room. I see Lora with her eyes glued to her phone and I see Lilith on her side with her back facing me. I'm a little more shy today, I don't know how I was so outgoing when she came back.

I lightly tapped Lora's shoulder and she looked up at me with slightly surprised eyes. I lightly said, "Sorry. Is she awake?" I pointed to Lilith.

"Yeah she is." Lilith said and sat up. It kind of startled me because I wasn't expecting her to answer.

"Oh. Well, um, here." I said skittishly and handed her a small, black, rectangular box with a purple, shear ribbon tied around it. It had her new iPod in it. "I, um, hope you like it."

I stepped back a little as a confused look grew across her face. "You got me something?" I nodded and the confusion turned into shock. I looked over at Lora and she was still looking at her phone, but had a smirk on her face. Lilith gently pulled at the ribbon and it came loose. She slowly pulled the lid off of the box and when she got it off completely, she gasped and looked at me with shocked gratefulness. She picked up the iPod, that had Jack Skellington ear buds plugged into it, and said, "No. Devin, you shouldn't have. You barely know me and yet you went and got me something so nice."

"I... wanted to, though." I quietly said. I walked a little closer to her, reached out, grabbed the iPod, and flipped it over to show her the stickers on the back. Her smile grew from ear to ear.

"Awww! That's so cute!" She squealed and reached up quickly and pulled me into an unexpected, really tight hug.

I hugged her back. "Air... please." I croaked out. She loosened her grip and gave me an actual gentle hug. I like this. She gives really nice hugs when she's not trying to suffocate me.

We both got out of the hug and she looked at the iPod, then back to me. "Thank you so much, Devin." After she said that she seemed very speechless.

I pulled the chair, that Lora used to be sitting in, over next to the bed and sat there, teaching Lilith how use a newer iPod. Lora must've snuck out during mine and Lilith's little hug. I was kind of happy, though, because now there would hopefully be no interruptions.

After awhile, I could just feel the happy vibes coming from Lilith. We were sitting there listening to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. Seeing her happy honestly made me happy.

I wonder how long it's been since the last time Lilith has been actually happy?