Chapter 5

Ghost's POV

I was half way out the door and I heard the hospital bed squeak from behind me. I look back and see Lilith sitting up in the bed, shielding her eyes from the bright lights in the room. "Fuck, those are bright." She muttered as I ran back over to her.

I put my hands on her shoulders and gently helped her back down on the bed. "No. Don't try to sit up. You need to take it easy." I softly said as I looked into her beautiful, hazel eyes. They looked so pained and just have this 'I'm so done' look. The nurses removed her makeup when they got her all hooked to some machines. She probably thought I was crazy with my red, puffy, greyish blue eyes. I'm not going to lie. I did cry over her. It just upset me so bad.

She looked at me confused, yet I think starstruck. "Why were you crying?" She asked softly as she fiddled with the IV in her right arm.

I pulled her hand away from her IV. "Don't mess with that. And it's nothing, don't worry about it." I shrugged, but a few seconds later I pulled her into a gentle hug and she hugged back. I accidentally thought out loud, "I'm so glad you made it back to me." My eyes widened and quickly got out of the hug and rubbed the back of my neck. "I didn't mean to say that out loud." My felt my cheeks start getting hot. No! I can't be blushing!

'Stop it, Devin!' I yelled at myself.

She kind of shifted in her bed. "You're not a weirdo, by the way, thanks for the compliments, and the platforms are seven inches to be exact." She smiled and looked away, being nervous. Her medium brown, long, wavy, hair fell across her face, but she looked back at me, directly in the eyes. I hate eye contact really, but I didn't look away. "Thank you for bringing me back... Ghost." I was confused.

"Please, call me, Devin. And what do you mean?"

"When you held my hand and hummed my favorite song, coincidentally, I started getting control of my body back. When you let go of my hand, one of your... tears fell onto my hand, I felt my whole body again, and I was brought back... to you." She sighed. "You probably think I'm crazy."

I shook my head. "No. I don't. That sounds cool, actually. Did you seriously hear everything?" I was nervous for the answer.

"Yes." She chuckled and blushed. "Like I said, thanks for the compliments, but I'm doubtful that I'm badass or beautiful."

"Oh. Come on. Seven inch platforms aren't badass?"

She shrugged. "I guess your right on that one then."

"I'm right about the beautiful one, too." I smiled and stuffed my hands in my pockets. I just keep embarrassing myself today, don't I?

She was about to say something, but the door opened and Chris, Lora, and the doctor came in. Lora freaked out and ran over to Lilith. The doctor went over to them and asked a bunch of questions. He said that Lilith had two bruised ribs and injures in the abdomen region, but no organs were damaged. He explained that she wasn't in a coma, which we all thought she was, and that they didn't know what happened, she just came to, but didn't have movement of her muscles... or at least that's what he deduced from her explanation. He said Lilith had to stay for about five days or at most a week and a half.

Luckily, the band has quite awhile off, so we're back in Scranton. Hopefully I'll be able to hang out with Lilith a bit more during this time.