Chapter 14

Ghost's POV

~Two Days Later~

After two more days, Lilith is finally back home and yesterday she finished her plan for dealing with the whole Lora thing.

The last two days it was really hard to not just strangle Lora. I've known her for awhile, and I never really liked her, but sometimes she could be nice and okay. Now, though, it will never be "okay". She's hurt Lilith, more than once, and I don't really know Lilith, but I feel like Lora has hurt me after hearing what she's done. It will stop soon... very soon.

Lilith's plan is good, so we'll get Lora. By 'we', I mean Chris and I.

Her plan is that Chris and I will "leave", AKA, Lilith will close the front door to make it seem like we left, but really we'll just be hiding in two different closets in the house. I'll hide in one closer to her room and Chris will hide in one in the living room.

Lilith said nothing might happen, or it might take awhile. I don't care, though, I will wait.

"Alright. Y'all say your goodbyes. I need coffee. Bye, guys. Nice to see you again." Lora says and walks to the kitchen.

"Not really nice to see you." Chris mutters quietly to himself.

"Okay. It was really cool to meet you guys." Lilith said it very naturally, to make it seem like an actual conversation, but I can tell she means it at the same time.

"Same to you, Lilith." I said, actually meaning this, too. I hug her and she opens the front door. I start to walk to the closet I'm going to be in, so does Chris after he hugs her.

She closes the front door and that signals Chris and I to quietly close our doors.

I hear the wheels of a suitcase rolling past my closet and into Lilith's room. I can only go off my hearing, so I hope it doesn't fail me.

I hear, what I think was an amp turning on, then the sound of small, testing riffs.

I hear the riffs turn into a familiar song, (s)Aint by Marilyn Manson. I love this song, so at least I get some entertainment during this.

~Two Hours Later~

I've texted Lilith and Chris a little bit...

(Texts with Chris)

~~~

C: How you doing in there?

G: Bored, hungry, nervous. You?

C: Same. I don't want anything to happen really, but I also do at the same time, so Lora can go to jail for being such a fucking bitch. I really hate her now.

G: I guess something happening would end this quicker.

Did you hear Lilith playing the guitar just a little while ago?

C: I faintly did, but from what I heard it sounded really good.

G: I heard it clearly and it's amazing. She was playing (s)Aint.

C: Oh, cool.

There's a fluffy coat in here. It's really warm. Lawl.

G: K...

~~~

(Texts with Lilith)

~~~

G: Hey. :)

L: Hi. Having fun in there?

G: Totally. I can see Narnia inside the vacuum if I turn on my flashlight.

L: You'll have to show me that later. Haha.

G: You should come here for a second. I'm lonely and not the warmest.

L: I would, but she'd prolly hear me and come asking me what I'm doing.

G: Oh. Yeah. :/ Good point.

L: Hold on.

G: K.

~~~

A few seconds later I see the closet door slightly open and a red, long, skinny box slide in.

~~~

L: Food.

G: What is this?

L: It's a thing called Pocky. Turn on your flashlight on and look at it. It's really good.

G: K. I'll text you later, unless anything happens.

L: Bai~

~~~

This Pocky stuff is cool. It tastes like a chocolate ice cream cone.

I hear footsteps heading this way. I swallow hard and sit as quietly and as still as I can.

I just sit and wait.