Chapter 9

Ghost's POV

I wake up in the hospital room chair. Damn, I'm stiff as hell now.

Stretching, I look around and see that Lilith is still asleep and Lora is on the couch, asleep.

What time is it? I pick up Lilith's iPod and check the time. It's only 6 AM. I pull the ear bud out of my ear and set it down, along with the iPod.

I grunt as I stand up. "I get the couch tonight, Lora." I whisper in her direction, while I crack my knuckles, neck, and back.

I'm hungry as fuck. Before I walk out the door, to go to the cafeteria, I turn back and grab the iPod. I notice she still has an ear bud in. "Um. Please don't wake up from this." I whisper as I slowly pull the ear bud out of her ear.

Success. I hope she doesn't mind me borrowing this for a few minutes.

I put the right ear bud in and tuck the left one in the collar of my The Crow shirt.

I push the power button and the screen wakes up. Oh... she was writing something. I'm not going to read it, it's probably personally stuff.

I push the home button and a few folders pop up on the background, which is some dude with clown looking make up on and he's holding a sign that says, 'Black Waltz'. "Looks like a cool band member... if he even is a band member." I say to myself as I walk towards the door.

I start walking slowly down the hallway as I'm looking through Lilith's iTunes. 'Wow, she has good taste in music.' I think as I look through the countless amount of music. It's mostly heavy metal, but some is goth and normal rock.

I click on Type O Negative and turn the screen off. I'm stuffing the iPod in my back pocket.

The struggle is so real with super skinny jeans, and as soon as it's in the pocket safely, I bump into to something... or someone.

"I'm so sorry, I should'v-", I stop talking as I see who I bumped into. "Oh, hey, Chris."

"Oh, so I don't get an apology. I see how it is." Chris says as he crosses his arms and pouts a little.

I sigh. "I'm sorry, Chris." The sarcasm was overflowing in that statement.

He perks up, "Yay. So why are you here so early?"

"I could ask the same of you, but I slept here... mostly on accident. I'm stiff as fuck now, though."

"Oh. I was just coming to visit Lilith, since I haven't talked to her really." He chuckles as he continues, "I also set up a surprise party for her when she gets out, but I'll tell you about that later."

"She and Lora are still asleep, and I was about to get food. Want to come or are you going to sit in the room?" I ask as my stomach growls impatiently.

He shrugs. "Sure, where you going?"

"Cafeteria."

"Ew. Fuck that shit. Let's go to Subway." Chris jumps and lands in a 'TO NARNIA!' stance.

"Fine." I don't really want to go anywhere, for Lilith's sake, but he has a point about the hospital food.

"Fuck yeah! We'll take my car." He grabs my left arm and drags my corpse like, stiff body with him.

"Wee. Road trip." I say with sarcastic enthusiasm. Have I mentioned I'm a grumpy fuck when I wake up? He let's go of my arm when we get outside the main doors. "Oh, sweet merciful Satan! The sunlight! It burns!" I yell in fake agony, while crouching down and covering my face with my hands, palms facing the sky.

"Suck it up, vampire." Chris says as he walks to his car.

"Was that supposed to be puny?" I ask with annoyance as I straighten up and start walking with him.

"No. I just said it." He shrugged.

"Okay."

And off to Subway we go.