Chapter 10

Chris' POV

"Subway is so good. I wish I could eat there everyday." I say with happiness as I get in the driver side of my car. "Now I just want to sleep because I'm so full."

"Well, you did eat two entire subs." Ghost points out as he puts the passenger seat back.

"Good point, and what do you think you're doing?" I ask, while starting the car up.

He yawns, "Going to take a nap. It's like a fifteen minute ride back to the hospital."

As I grab my case of CDs, I say, "Oh. Well, okay." He nods and turns over in the seat, so his back is facing me. What he doesn't know is that he's about to have a heart attack.

I put the volume all the way down and put in a random CD with Bleeding Through written on it. I go to what I believe to be the loudest track. It starts off really low, but I crank it up almost all the way within one second... so it may or may not be blaring.

Ghost jumps up so quick and bumps his head on the roof of the car. "SON OF A BITCH, CHRIS!! TURN IT THE FUCK DOWN!!" He screams extremely loud, while holding his head.

I turn it down. "Yeah, so we're going to your place. You're going to take a shower and change, because you look like shit." I turn the music up a bit more and put the CD case back. "Now, sit the fuck up."

He puts the seat back in its normal position. "You're a dick." He grumbles lowly as he puts his seat belt on.

"I know."

~~~At Ghost's House~~~

I'm sitting on his living room couch, waiting for Ghost to finish taking a shower. "Hurry the fuck up, Ghost, or I'm going to leave!" I yell... no response.  I obviously won't leave him here, but he seriously needs to hurry up. We've probably been gone for about an hour or an hour and thirty minutes.

I see the iPod he had on him sitting on the coffee table. I have nothing else to do, so I'll just read some of his poetry stuff. He won't mind, I've always done this... when he wasn't looking. I pick it up and turn the screen on. I examine the new case on it, though, before doing anything. It has a bunch of stickers on it. Not interesting. I open up the notes and look. There's only one note. I open it and...

Every single waking moment, every single breath I take is in vain of you. You've made these years an absolute LIVING HELL. I CAN'T WAIT TO ESCAPE THE HELL I LIVE IN WITH YOU! Can't you fucking see how much you're destroying my quivering humanity!? My nonexistent morality!? I'm still waiting for the day I, the cold, faulty, statue you've sculpted, can turn away from your toxicity and leave it forever. You tell me what is right and wrong, when you don't even know, yourself. But the thing is that there is no RIGHT and there is no WRONG; only POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. You are all the fucking NEGATIVE attributes to every choice I make.

... damn. He must be really mad at someone or I don't even know.

I hear the bathroom door open, so I quickly push the home button, glancing at the person with cool clown like makeup on, on the background of the screen, turn the screen off, and set it down back where it was. I stretch out on the couch, pretending to look at my phone.

"Let's go, Chris." He says when he walks in the living room, completely ready.

"Looks like you're ready to go on stage, dude." I say, he only shrugs. Getting up and walking over to the front door, I say, "Don't forget you're iPod."

He turns back and grabs it. "It's not mine. It's Lilith's. I just got it for her yesterday, but I took it to listen to music."

"Oh. Okay."

That was Lilith's note? What the Hell?