Chapter 2

Ghost's POV

Chris and I were sitting on the sofa of our friend, Lora, waiting for her younger sister to get home. Lora, who we unfortunately haven't talked to in forever, contacted us just a couple of days ago and asked us if we could come over for her sister, Lilith, because she loved us so much. Too bad only Chris and I were free for today.

I kept thinking over that name, Lilith... it just seemed so badass to me. Hopefully she was just as cool as her name, which I'm sure she was since she was related to Lora. I got pretty deep in thought, just thinking about how awesome this Lilith girl was going to be.

I finally noticed that Chris was waving his hand in front of my face, "Earth to Ghost. You there, buddy?"

I blinked a bit, refocusing my vision and turning to Chris. "Yeah, I'm here," I said with a small, slightly embarrassed smile.

"What is our zoned out Ghost thinking about this time?" Chris asked me with an amused chuckle.

"Oh, um... nothing special," I lied. I hope he didn't notice I was. I didn't want to explain why I was thinking about Lilith.

He shrugged. "Okay. Never mind then." I was really relieved that he didn't notice. To not show I was relieved about his response, I looked up at the wall, facing away from Chris. I then realized that there was a picture, which I assumed was Lilith. She looks so gothic and so... beautiful. Out of nowhere, though, Chris said, "You think you're a sly fuck. Don't you, Ghost?"

I turned my head back to him and gave him a confused look even though I knew what he meant. "What do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes, "You know what I mean. I know that you're lying, dude. So either tell me what you were in such deep thought about or get sack-tapped right here."

My eyes widened with fear. I put my legs up on the sofa and covered my manhood with my hands. "Okay. Okay, dude," I said as he laughed maniacally at my reaction. "I was just thinking about how awesome it's going to be meeting Lilith... and also how beautiful she is," I said that last part really fast.

Chris looked at me with a crazy grin and whisper yelled, "Ooooooh! Ghost has a little crush!" But then he just whispered, "Wait. How do you know she's beautiful?" I pointed to the picture on the wall. "Oh. Hm. She's pretty, but I'll leave her for you though. You need a better girlfriend aft-" He was cut off by a loud scream, that came from just outside.

We jumped up just as Lora came running in here, wide eyed, and asked, "What the hell was that?" We both shrugged.

"It sounded like it came from out fro-" Chris was once again cut off by a girl pushing the door open. It looked like... Lilith, but she had, what looked to be dried and fresh blood from the corners of her mouth, trickling down her neck, and soaking into the top edge of her shirt. The thick, black makeup around her eyes was smudged, smeared, and running down her tear stained face.

She dropped the stuff she was holding and fell to the floor. I could just barely make out what she said before we ran to her and her eyes closed. It sounded like she said, 'Lora... please.'

'Who could do this to such a beautiful girl?' I though to myself as the shock within me was replaced with anger.