Stalkers?

(If you've already read this, scroll down to the black line)

~3rd Pov~

Clary was asleep in her room at the Institute, having a nightmare. In this dream she was a little girl with her mom.

"Mom, I don't wanna do this." The girl told her mom, being strapped to a chair.

"She won't be a child forever, Jocelyn." A man said, trying to get the girl's mother to reconsider.

"For now, I don't want her part of our world." The mother denied.

Clary sees Magnus take her memories and jumps awake, obviously frightened. She sees Jace sitting on the end of her bed.

"Hey. It's ok, I'm here. You're safe." He tells her, going closer.

"Jace..." Clary says relieved.

"What?" Jace asks confused. Clary blinks a few times, and Jace is no longer there. Simon taking his place. "Hey. I got you. You're ok. Must have been one hell of a nightmare."

"You have no idea." Clary tells him, sighing. "I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me, but then he reached his hand into my skull and ripped out my brain."

"Hello, Freddy Krueger." Simon says sharing a small smile with each other.

"Tell me about it. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

"Uh, I just... really needed to see you."

"I am so sorry. My messed up life put you in danger." Clary apologizes.

"I'm fine." Simon assures.

"No, if those vampires hurt you... I couldn't live with myself. You're all I've got left." Clary tells him.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got me out before the vampires drained me like a Big Gulp. But... How well do you know this Jace guy? Can you trust him, and the others? Can Alessia?" Simon asks Clary, not knowing the relationship between Alec, Jace, and Alessia.

"I think so. I mean, he saved my life... and yours." Clary says trying to ignore her hostile feelings towards Alessia being mentioned.

"True. But I was thinking... all of this craziness started the minute you followed after him when he took Alessia with them at Pandemonium. You think that's just a coincidence?"

"Honestly, I don't even know what to think anymore. All I know is I have to get my memories back. I need to know who I really am. Maybe... Maybe I saw where my mom hid the Cup, and... and if I could just remember... I could save her. I just... I wanna put all this behind me. But I don't know this world. I don't even know where to start looking. I'm... I'm just lost." Clary admits, feeling useless.

"Hey... ok. Look, start with what we know, ok? We know that dreams are remnants of memories." Simon says, Cary agreeing urging him to continue.

"You saw your mom in the nightmare, before the guy was reaching into your brain."

"Yeah, she... she called him Magnus. I mean, it's completely random, I never-"

"Magnus Bane?" Simon interjects.

"Maybe. Why? How do you know that name?" Clary questions confused.

"I heard it from the vampire. You know, the shockingly hot one, it was..." Simon sees Clary's raised eyebrows, and backtracks. "Sorry, uh, Camille... She was super pissed at this Magnus Bane guy when I told her that someone took your memories."