New Alpha

~Alessia's Pov~

After we got off the phone with Jace, Alec and I rushed out of our room and quickly made our way out of the institute. Trying not to make anyone suspicious. I was trying not to freak out. What if Luke dies before we get there? What if he attacks Jace? I start to panic, my breathing increasing rapidly. Alec sees this and makes me stop, and look at him. 

"Hey, hey, look at me." Alec says, bringing his hands to cup my face, mine going up to grab his wrists. "Luke is going to be fine. I promise." He comforts. 

"B-But what if he hurts Jace? O-or Clary and Simon? What if he hurts Magnus?" My breathing picks up even more, and dots start to cloud my vision. 

Seeing me panic, Alec quickly pulls me into a hug, with my head over his heart, wrapping his arms around me. 

"Shhh, you need to calm down. Just listen to my heartbeat, and my breathing. Try to match your breath to mine." Alec says. 

Slowly I start to calm down, my vision getting clearer. After a few moments I'm as calm as I can get in this situation, and I pull slightly away from him so I can look him in the eye. 

"Thanks." I whisper, slightly embarrassed that he had to see that. 

"It's no problem, sweetheart." And as if sensing my worries, he continues. "And don't be embarrassed, it's ok to get comfort when you need it."

I nod, and give him another hug in thanks. We pull apart after a moment and start walking again. 

"We're only a few blocks away, if we run we can make it there in a couple minutes." Alec says, nodding at him I pick up my pace, him copying me. 

(Short Time Skip)

We race up the stairs of the apartment building, not wanting to wait for the elevator. When we get to Magnus' apartment we burst in just in time to see Magnus almost falling. Quickly running over Alec sits him back up, supporting him. I am quick to follow, both Alec and I make sure to have a hand on Magnus so he can use our energy. 

"Help me. I need your strength." Magnus tells us, sounding strained. 

Alec and I share a look and nod at each other. 

"Take what you need." I tell my friend. 

As Magnus starts to use our strength, Jace and Simon run in. 

"Alex! Angel!" Jace yells coming over to us, to see if we're ok. 

"Clary! Alessia!" Simon yells as well, coming over to check on me as he waits for Clary to re appear. He didn't have to wait long as she comes running into the room. 

"Do you have it?" She questions, not even sparing the rest of us a glance. 

"Yeah." Simon says, hanging the ingredients over to Clary. 

While that was happening, Jace was talking to Alec and I. 

"Are you two ok? Not feeling sick or strained?" He asks, worried for us. 

"I'm fine, but our princess doesn't look so good." Alec tells him, worried for me. 

"N-no, I'm fine." I say, trying to give a convincing smile. But it ends up being more of a grimace. 

"Here let me take over, I don't want you to strain yourself anymore." Jace says, ready to take my place. 

"No!" Magnus says, stopping Jace. 

"Why not?! She's not looking too good." Jace almost yells at Magnus. 

"I know, but if you remove her from me then It could disrupt my magic. I can try to draw most of the power from Alec and you can touch my shoulder so I can lessen the strain. But do not move her until I  am done." Magnus commands.