Meeting The Parents

~Alessia's Pov~

I was in mine and the boy's room, sketching something random while waiting for Simon to call. I texted him the day before, just before the rave but haven't heard from him since. I was starting to get worried, if he didn't call me by tomorrow, I would be paying him a visit. Suddenly I hear commotion in the hall. Confused I get up and go to see what was going on, still in my pajamas. 

(Drawing) 

(Outfit) 

Walking out of the room I hear Jace questioning Clary

"And he spoke to you?" Jase asked, examining the necklace. 

I walked over to Alec, wrapping my arm around him, him doing the same. As Clary nods, and answers Jace. 

"He said my name. He said, 'Your mother for the cup'." 

"What's going on?" I ask Alec softly.

"Valentine contacted Clary through the necklace." Alec whispers to me, kissing my forehead, causing me to smile and snuggle into his side. 

"Who said what?" Izzy asks, standing in the doorway of her room. 

We all turn to look at her, Jace noticing me as well and gives me a smile, which I return. 

"Valentine." Alec answers. 

"He's with my mother." Clary continues. 

"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here, in the Institute?" Izzy asks, concerned. 

Seeing where Izzy was going with this, Alec and Jace become tense. Worried that he would know something he shouldn't. 

"It's like when I saw Dot." Clary, somewhat answers. 

"It's a portal shard. That's why your mother made sure you had it." Jace says, looking at the necklace. 

"Where are they?" Alec asks, wanting answers. 

"I don't know." Clary says, dejectedly. 

"But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?" Alec interrogates further.