Hotel Dumort

3rd Pov back at the institute

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than... than what you people call mundanes?" Clary starts off with her rant. 

"Because we protect humans." Izzy replies, feeling guilty about the abduction of Simon and Alessia. 

"You're right. Humans. You protect humans. You left Simon all alone in the van. Great job, guys. You rock." Clary says annoyed and worried. 

"Ok for one, there is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense. And two w-" Alec starts only to get cut off by Izzy. 

"Alec not now." 

"Why do you keep ignoring the fact that Alessia, your other best friend might I add, has been taken as well." Alec says ignoring his sister, far to annoyed at Clary who claims to be one of his mates best friends yet doesn't care that she's in danger. 

"She'll be fine I'm sure, but Simon won't be if we don't get to him now." Clary says without a care for her female friend.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it." Jace cuts in before Alec can say something else. 

"But Alessia-" Jace cuts off Alec.

"Will be fine. Not only does she have that bracelet, but did you see any fear or any negative emotions when she was with the male vamp?"

"No, I didn't." Alec's eyes go wide with this new realization. "Do you think that she knows him?" He questions.

"She doesn't matter right now!" Clary all but yells, making the others glare at her especially Alec and Jace. "You said that they think I have the cup.  Why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone'. What am I supposed to do now?"

"We have to report this to the clave." Alec says ignoring his anger at the red head, for now that is. 

"Great." Jace says annoyed but not at Alec, at the situation he just wants his other mate to be there with him and Alec, and Alec knows this so he gives a small smile at Jace's apologetic one. 

"They have to know what we found out about Valentine." Alec says, getting back on topic.

"What, that he's my father? Great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon?" The others roll their eyes in annoyance at Clary, as they notice that yet again she doesn't mention the abducted brunette. 

"Clary, it's all connected. The vamps want the cup." Jace speaks up. 

"Why? It makes new shadowhunters." Clary says, in a mater of fact tone of voice. 

"Nobody wants Valentine forming an army loyal to himself." Alec explains.

"Plus, it controls demons." Izzy pipes in from her spot beside Alec and Jace. 

"They'll propose a trade. Simon and Alessia for the cup." Jace claims.

"So, vampires will trade Simon for the Cup and Valentine will trade my mother for the Cup. Either way, I lose someone I love. What if I just toss it up in the air and let them fight it out among themselves?" Clary says as she begins pacing.

"So, this doesn't matter to you?" Alec says angry at her for not caring that his and Jace's mate is in danger, whether or not she knew that vamp who was holding her. 

"Yes, of course, it matters! Listen... when you saved my life... I put my trust in you. Now, I need you to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight." Alec rolls his eyes at this statement, not wanting to trust the annoying girl.