The City Of Bones

~You still haven't changed outfits, lol~

"Um, I'm Clary. Jocelyn Fray is my mother."

"Well, she was Jocelyn Fairchild when I knew her." He takes a second to breathe, "And she was my best friend."

Ok, who the hell is this guy? And how the heck did he meet Joce?!

"She's been kidnapped.... by someone named Valentine and his men."

"By the Circle, Hodge." Ok, I think I'll just stay quiet while Jace talks to the shirtless male. 

"But that's impossible. Valentine's dead and the Circle died with him." Obviously not, I mean if he were then we wouldn't be here.

"What's happening?" Clary, have you never seen someone choke before? Well, I will admit that does look painful.

"I swore a vow to never speak of what we did. This is the Clave's way of making sure I keep that vow." You would think that they would let him speak about it, I mean he educate people on making better choices. But whatever, they can do what they want. 

"We can't torture him, Jace. Is there anyone else we can ask?"

"Clary if there was we wouldn't be here would we?" She glares at me, ok I admit I'm being a little snappy. But with the way she's looking at Jace, I just can't help but be a little annoyed. 

They all look at me, Jace tries and fails to suppress a smile, and lets put it this way. If you could kill someone by glaring at them, I'd be six feet under. 

"Who's this?" Hodge asks while checking me out. 

It seems like I'm not the only one who notices this as Jace growls at him and wraps his arm around my waist possessively, glaring at Hodge. Clary just looks confused at what's happening. 

"Jace is she..?" Hodge trails off, looking a little apprehensive.

"Yeah, Alec and I finally found her." Jace seems to have calmed down some, as his tight hold lessens, though he keeps his arm around me. 

"Sorry, I didn't know." Hodge looks a little sad? Why? "Congratulations." Jace accepts this, nodding in return.

"Ok, ignoring.... that. What about the Circle?" Clary says, trying to get back to the previous conversation.

"If the Circle really back... and they've taken Jocelyn... Our leader... our leader of the Circle was Valentine Morgenstern..." He winces as his rune burns him, he stammers trying to get his words out. "We thought he wanted to protect humans, like all Shadowhunters. But we never realized the lengths which Valentine was willing to go... the people he was willing to sacrifice." Whoa this dude sounds like a psychopath. "Most of humanity would die if we carried out Valentine's plan." Ok so a psychopath who wants to commit mass genocide, nice. Very nice. 

"But I... I still don't understand. How does mother relate to any of this?" Clary stammers. 

Hodge sighs before he begins, 

"Jocelyn was a member of the Circle as well." Wow, did not see that coming.

"No. I-I can't believe it. My mother, she..." I walk over to Clary and put my arm around her, to comfort her. She leans into my side, and gives me a thankful smile. 

"The important thing is that Jocelyn left the Circle. And so none of this even matters, because Valentine died in a fire years ago." Hodge groans in pain.

"Hodge. Hodge." Jace goes to walk forwards, but Hodge waves him off. 

"I'm sorry, but we can't ask you to do this." Did she totally disregard what I said earlier?