Seelies

~3rd Pov~

Clary was in one of the training rooms, thrusting a staff around. She was working through her anger, trying to reign in her jealous thoughts. She knew that to split Alec, Jace, and Alessia up, she would need a clear head. They were smart after all, she would need to be a step ahead of them. 

Alec walks in, grabbing a staff as well. Him and Jace had agreed that the red head needed some help training, they didn't need her getting killed. Clary stops what she was doing and looks at him, deciding to keep her secret agenda on the down low for now. 

"Looks like we're stuck with each other." Clary starts, wanting to make conversation. "For what it's worth, I think your mom was too tough on you out there." She put on a fake sympathetic look, hoping it was believable. (It wasn't)

Alec shook his head, knowing for a fact that Clary couldn't care less how his mother treated him. 

"Mothers are like that." Alec defended. 

"Mine's not. Go ahead. Knock me on my ass. You'll feel better." Clary said, getting in a stance, ready to spare with Alec. 

Alec takes on a proper stand, nothing like how Clary's mediocre one. 

"Don't make me say you're right about something." Alec says, "Plant your feet wide." He advices, as they start to spar. 

"Why did you let your mom say all those awful things about Izzy?" Clary asks, adjusting her stance to be more like his. Alec's spear/staff hits Clary's as she tries to block him.

"Don't step into the strike. Step through it." Alec offers, before continuing. "I was going to, but Alessia stepped in before I could. She handled it perfectly." 

Clary let out a scoff, ignoring what he said making Alec roll his eyes. 

"So, you're just going to let her send Jace out instead of you?" Clary taunts, trying to hide a smirk. 

Alec lets out an annoyed huff, not liking how this girl was trying to start something between him and his soulmate. He attacks her, making her go on the defense. 

"Jace can handle it, it will give him some practice for when him, Alessia, and I run the Institute side by side. Besides a leader doesn't always have to be in on the action, I can stand back on this one." Alec tells her. 

"You know what a leader does, Alec? Make decisions. You need to find Valentine and stop him. I need to find Valentine and help save my mother." Clary says, trying to get him on her side. 

They continue to spar/fight until Alec defeats her, and Clary's on the ground trying to catch her breath. 

"You need to work on you defense." Alec says, going to help her up. Though she refuses and smacks his hand away. He shrugs and continues on. "What do you think? do you think we haven't been trying to find you mother?" He asks, getting annoyed at the red head. 

"Of course you have. But I know you can color outside the lines. You're just not letting yourself think that way." Clary says, with a slight smirk. 

"Oh, yeah? What's the big thought I'm not thinking?" Alec says sarcastically, putting his staff back on the stand, Clary copying his actions. 

"We can still find Valentine. I might know a way. My mother hid a lot form me, but I did see one thing..." Clary starts, Alec looking at her in bored curiosity. "There's a box. She didn't think I knew about it. But she opened it once a year and cried." Clary finishes, expecting him to get excited. 

"'Cause?" Alec asked, only slightly curious. Making Clary frown. 

"It belonged to my father. Had his initials, JC, on top." Clary says.