He's aloof

"Y/N." A still deep voice pulls you out of your sleep. The person roughly shakes your shoulders, groaning under their breath.

"Five minutes, Wakatoshi..." You murmur half asleep. Rolling over, you pull your blanket over your head but a strong grip stops your motion.

"We're going to be late for our morning classes if I let you sleep in. Get up. Your breakfast is on the table." Ushijima strips the blanket off of your skin and you instantly feel a chill. Wrapping your arms around yourself, you protest with whining. You sit up unwillingly and flutter your eyes open to see a muscular tall build towering the edge of your bed.

Wakatoshi Ushijima.

Your childhood friend and also your roommate from today forward. The two of you managed to budget wisely after the past three years in high school to save up enough for a years worth of rent for a two bedroom apartment. The extra funds will go towards other necessities like food, bills, and the internet.

With both of your part time jobs, you'll be able to afford next years rent easier than your saved up cash from different events over the past three years.

Ushijima wears a blank expression when he sees your messy bed hair. Nothing about you surprises him anymore. Or if it did, he's keeping his reaction hidden.

"I'm up..." You mumble under your breath. Ushijima nods to your weak declaration.

"Get changed and eat. You have ten minutes." He speaks firmly before closing your bedroom door behind him. Grumbling, you force yourself out of bed and make your way to the bathroom with a change of clothes.

Despite being slow at waking up in the morning, you're out the door with Ushijima exactly ten minutes on the dot. You couldn't enjoy breakfast so you quickly place the sunny-side up egg on top of the toast before locking the door behind you.

"You shouldn't eat and walk Y/N. It's rude." Ushijima looks at you from the corner of his eye, his brows creasing together in disappointment.

"Well, I was forced out of the apartment so I'll just eat it quickly before we leave the complex." You practically shovel the toast down your throat, barely tasting the flavor when you do so. A sigh is met next to you when Ushijima shakes his head.

"You're not ladylike at all."

"Why should I be ladylike in front of you Wakatoshi? We've basically been friends since we were in diapers."

He grows quiet and doesn't respond back.

"You've seen me at my best and at my worst. I don't think I have the luxury to act sweet and ladylike for you." You clap off any bread crumbs that remain on your fingers. He shrugs in response before muttering a soft, "You're right."

Others would find it odd that two opposite genders are living under one apartment, but it didn't bother either of you at all. Mostly because Wakatoshi is aloof to your emotions for him. He's grown blind to your obvious flirting and each time it would make your confidence drop. You've given up on your feelings ever being noticed by him.