I miss her

Tendō and Ushijima are spending the afternoon together in the university gymnasium for volleyball practice. But Tendō notices how slightly distracted Ushijima is when he stares at the volleyball.

"Um...are you going to toss the ball over Ushijima?" Tendō calls out to him from the other side of the net. Ushijima snaps out of his thoughts to look over at his friend that's waving his hands wildly on the opposite side of the net.

Tossing the ball up, Ushijima jumps and serves the ball over to Tendō. But the ball hits his side of the net and never makes it over to Tendō. A deathly echo of the ball hitting the squeaky gymnasium floor makes everyone around them widen their eyes. Tendō also looks surprised with a cocked up eyebrow. He hurries over to grab the volleyball while Ushijima runs his fingers through his dark olive brown hair.

"Maybe we should call it a day, Ushi." Tendō awkwardly laughs. He makes his way over to Ushi and pushes his back forward with one hand while tossing the volleyball in a nearby basket. Tendō excuses him and Ushijima out of the gymnasium from the other club members.

With no one around to look or hear them, Tendō speaks up. "So, what's going on? You're more distracted than usual."

Ushijima's olive eyes are distant. He keeps them down on the concrete beneath his feet.

"Did something happen between you and Y/N last night? You two didn't get into an argument because she stayed over at Semi's place, right? I was there. Nothing happened." Tendō wracks his brain for a possible answer since Ushijima's silence isn't helpful.

Ushijima shakes his head. He's been distracted all day because of Y/N. But it wasn't because of her staying over at Semi's.

"I...just miss her a lot today." Ushijima parts his lips slightly to answer Tendō.

Tendō slaps a hand over his mouth, his eyes widen and his cheeks blush from how adorable and unusual of Ushijima to admit to his feelings like this. He's definitely growing to understand his feelings ever since he's started to date Y/N.

"O-Oh? Then you should go home and see her. Why did you bother coming to practice?" Tendō clears his throat, recollecting himself.

Ushijima scrunches his nose, a blush creeping onto his face. This new expression makes Tendō raise an eyebrow. Ushijima's lip turns into a fine line. "I...don't think I could control myself if I do go home."

Tendō parts his lips slightly, a confused expression on his face. "What do you mean? Control yourself? It sounds like you're going to pounce on her if she's in your line of sight."

Ushijima raises one hand to his hair, ruffling it. "I might." He murmurs innocently.

The coy expression on Ushijima's face is undeniably a rare sight for Tendō to see. "Wow. I'd never believe I would see the silent stoic Ushijima turn into a complete softie for someone before. You really love her, don't you?" Tendō chuckles under his breath, a smile on his face.

Ushijima flushes from Tendō's words. He lowers the hand that's running through his hair towards his face. He's turning bright like a tomato, full of embarrassment. "Shut up."