Not so innocent

Y/N and Ushijima both sit in silence after Ushijima's confessed his jealousy. He bites his inner cheek and timidly raises his olive colored eyes over to her face.

You're gazing up towards the blue sky with a small smile. You're overwhelmed by the fact that Ushijima feels the same way about you.

But there's a feeling that tugs in the back of your mind.

Semi.

You're sure he's hurting. Despite never verbally confessing his feelings, it's idiotic of you to not have realized at the very last second that he has feelings for you.

But is it your place to mention it?

Pointing something like that out right now isn't the time or place.

It's best if you never told him that you realized his feelings. It would only complicate things.

Besides, there's something else you need to worry about.

"Toshi." Ushijima's name slips from your tongue easily. He doesn't verbally respond, but his attention is completely yours. Nibbling your bottom lip, you inhale deeply before turning to look at him. "Today...Eita and I went on a fake date to see your reaction. We've actually been getting closer so you would get jealous. I'm sorry for tricking you like this."

Ushijima is unsure how to feel when he hears this.

The two have been tricking him?

It didn't look like that to him. The two seemed to have a natural connection.

"If this news makes you upset, I completely understand. I feel guilty for doing something like this towards you. I realized later down the line that I shouldn't have done something like this. I shouldn't play with anyone's emotions." Your voice falls flat when you finish your sentence. A wave of guilt and anxiety litters your body. Your eyes downcast from the sky to your lap.

The faintest sound of Ushijima shuffling beside you meets your ears. He scoots himself closer to you, wrapping one arm around you to pull you closer to him. His deep voice causes you to look up at him. You're frozen in place when you see the serious gaze he wears.

"If you hadn't done something like this, I would still be aloof to my emotions Y/N. Yeah, it's pretty mean of you to do, but I wouldn't have realized my feelings on my own. I've never felt so many different emotions before and you're the reason why I learned about them. Fear, jealousy, and annoyance. These feelings appeared for a new reason I never learned about." Ushijima pauses to take in your face.

"I took your existence for granted and I didn't realize how lucky I was to have you around until you were distancing yourself. And I think I can understand why Semi was so frustrated."

Semi?