Confused heart

"Oh? Who'd you bring home Eita? A girlfriend of yours?" The moment Semi and you walk into the front foyer of the house, a middle aged woman with mid length ash brown hair greets the two of you while she wipes her hands on a hand towel.

Her eyes are much softer than Semi's. You can only assume he inherited his fathers eyes. Even though the two of you have been friends since high school, you've never set foot in his place.

Semi shakes his head at his mother's words. "Meet Y/N she's—"

His mother claps her hand in excitement the moment she hears your name. She rushes over to you, clasping your hands in hers. "You're the girl Eita talks about!"

Semi widens his eyes at his mother's choice of words. His lips part slightly and his face pales over. You giggle from his reaction before looking over to his mother. "All good things I hope?"

His mother nods her head vigorously. "It's so great to finally meet you. What brings you here?" Semi's mother pulls her hand away to look at the two of you. You readjust the books in your arms.

"I'll be practicing the piano for the semester. I wanted a non bias person to judge me." Semi eyes his mother who shrinks in response. She moves a hand over her lips to softly giggle.

"But...I'm bias too Eita."

Semi's shoulders stiffen and he looks at you from the corner of his eyes. His lips purse slightly and he grows speechless. A sly smile forms on his mother's face. "You can be honest and say you want her here Eita."

You watch Semi's sharp eyes widen for a moment before he walks away from the conversation. His mother snickers to herself when she watches him beeline towards the side of the house towards their sunroom. "You should go along with him dear. I'll bring some snacks and refreshments for the two of you." Semi's mother walks off towards the kitchen and you hurry after Semi.

You forget how to breath when you notice how beautiful the sunroom is. A grand white piano sits in the center while being surrounded by several pots of flowers and plants. You feel as if you've stepped into another world. The silence in the sunroom and the beautiful afternoon sun shines through the glass windows around you. Semi pulls the piano seat closer before he sits down. He wiggles his fingers slightly to release his nervousness.

It's not everyday he plays in front of someone.

To be honest, he's actually shy when it comes to performing. He's often practicing alone and his parents would just listen from inside if the door to the sunroom was open. The day he told Y/N about his passion for music was the first step in sharing something personal with her.

He messed around with the guitar that day but it was only for a mere few seconds. He'd also show her some of his own music he's recorded but he cut them short because of his insecurity. His eyes dart up to look at Y/N.

She's in awe at all the flowers and plants his mother cultivated. Her smile eases his heavy chest. She slowly makes her way over to him, setting down the books besides the other books he had set down beside the piano.