Her importance

Thirty minutes into the movie and the four of you remain intensely quiet. You anticipate a jump scare happening at any moment right now. The typical horror movie trope of the jump scare has yet to be used.

Clenching your teeth and pulling your knees close to your chest, you grip your hands tightly on on your knees. Tendō has his mouth ajar with popcorn falling out of his mouth as he's well consumed into the television.

Ushijima has been frozen to his spot, not moving a single muscle since the movies started. While Semi still hugs himself to the edge of the sofa.

The little girl in the movie timidly reaches her hand out to the doorknob of one of the bedrooms in the large mansion. Her shaky small hands and deep frown with creased brows displays a facial expression of pure fear.

"Elizabeth~" An eerie voice of another little girl rings out in the dark hallway. You quickly cover your ears. The high pitch tone of the ghost haunting the house is enough to scare you. Her voice so taunting and full of pleasure from how everyone's terrified of her.

"God, someone find the little bitch already." Tendō cries out while hugging the popcorn bowl close to him.

"She's a ghost. It'll be impossible for them." Semi interjects. He straightens himself up from slouching over the edge of the sofa.

"Could she just open the door." You cry out with your ears still covered by your hands. As if the little girl heard you, she throws the door open to hide from the ghost's voice. But for some reason the floor suddenly collapse before the little girl causing her to shriek.

Black goop forms into what looks like hands. It grabs hold of the little girl that's falling into a black abyss. Her eyes are tear stained and full of terror. She screams for help but whatever that goop is, slaps across her lips to muffle her voice. That's when a corpse like head parts through the black goop.

"Hi Elizabeth." The floating head forms a wicked smile. Her teeth cracked and termites fill her mouth.

The moment the "ghost" is revealed is when you scream. Tendō and Semi both are more frightful from your scream than the actual movie. Ushijima however was also scared. He reflexively reaches for your arm. He grips firmly but carefully. The pounding of his heart against his chest is alarming.

"JEEZ. Y/N CHILL OUT." Tendō places a hand over his heart, the popcorn littering his lap after he had lost hold of the bucket.

"SORRY." You cry out, calming your own heart. Semi covers his mouth to chuckle. While you calm your racing heart, you notice a firm grip on your arm.

Ushijima?

His eyes are trained on the television but he doesn't let go of his hold on you.

Was he scared too?

He doesn't make eye contact with you when he notices you staring. Your attention is pulled away when Semi offers his hand for you. "Here, scaredy-cat." Pursing your lips, you huff out, declining his offer. But Semi simply laces his fingers with yours, giving your hand a gentle squeeze. He returns his gaze on the television, not further commenting.