Two perspectives

"So...do you have anything exciting to tell me?" Tendō accompanies you during lunch one afternoon.

Ushijima and Semi seem to be held back in their classes. Oddly at the same time despite being in different classes.

You nibble your bottom lip, tapping the convenience store sushi with your chopsticks. "I passed most of my tests this week. Probably due to how studious I've been last week."

Tendō rolls his eyes at your words. That wasn't the news he was hoping to hear. You know exactly what he meant but you couldn't help but be a smartass. The corner of your lips curl into a smug smirk. A laughter escapes from your throat. "No. I don't have anything exciting for you to hear about Toshi and I."

Tendō scoffs and lays his back against the grass, his arms folded behind his head. "Have you two gone on your first date yet? Does Ushijima even know how to take you out on a date? Maybe I should tutor him on relationships."

It's your turn to scoff when you hear Tendō. "When's the last time you've had a girlfriend Tendō?"

Your words cause Tendō to shoot back up in his position. He crosses his arms, puckering his lips out with furrowed brows. "I'll have you know, I've dated plenty."

Raising one eyebrow up, you stare at Tendō with a mouth full of sushi. He narrows his eyes on your face when he notices your stifled laughter between chews. "I'm pretty popular Y/N. What do you think I do after school?"

"Volleyball practice? It seems like you and Toshi both are repeating your high school activities even into university." You raise another piece of sushi into your mouth but Tendō snatches the piece with his fingers, tossing it into his mouth.

"Other than volleyball, there are times where I just hook up with someone. No commitment attached. Just fuck and--"

"WHAT?! You sleazeball!" You're taken aback from Tendō's outside activities. Eyes wide and mouth ajar. "That was also my sushi." Your nostrils flare out when you mention your stolen sushi. "A one night stand is far different than a relationship Tendō. I don't want you anywhere near Toshi if that's your experience with women."

A Cheshire like smile forms on Tendō's face when he hears your words. "You can't stop me from giving free advice to my best friend."

"Who says he'll even listen to you over me Tendō." You speak childishly, seeing a moment of realization on Tendō's face.

That statement is true in a way.

Ushijima would definitely side with Y/N as the two have far more closeness than Tendō does with Ushijima. But the difference is their kind of friendship. There are some things Ushijima and Tendō can talk about that Ushijima couldn't with Y/N. "You can't join us in our guy talk Y/N." Tendō blurts out just as childishly. "Sex is one of them."

Scrunching your nose, you find your face heat up from his words. Just the thought of Ushijima confiding in Tendō about that topic makes you feel embarrassed in a way.