Apologies

It's late into the evening and you're sitting in the living room with the picnic blanket that belongs to Semi. Your hands clench onto it tightly as your thoughts drift to him.

"Thinking about Semi?" Ushijima quietly calls out to you from the kitchen. He's placing the last bowl away that he's drying with a hand towel.

You purse your lips in response. "Yeah..."

Ushijima closes the cabinet after placing the bowl away before joining you on the sofa. His eyes cast down to the picnic blanket. There's a guilt in Ushijima's chest.

He knew Semi's feelings for Y/N.

The way Semi spoke about his feelings for her is probably just as strongly as his feelings for her. He feels the need to apologize to Semi and he's sure he's not alone with that thought.

Ushijima casts his eyes over to Y/N. The smallest frown is on her face.

Semi is a precious friend of hers.

He's sure she feels just as apologetic in making Semi go along with her plan.

"Should we go see him? You have to return the blanket to him, right?" Ushijima speaks up. His words meets Y/N's ears and she perks up slightly at the thought.

There's another reason why Ushijima suggested this idea. He feels a bit jealous that Y/N is thinking about Semi while she's with him. That thought doesn't sit right with him.

"But...what if he doesn't want to see us?" Y/N murmurs.

Ushijima places a hand on her head. "I'm sure he wouldn't say no to seeing you at least."

You purse your lips in response.

"I'm also a bit jealous of Semi. You're sitting here with me and you're thinking about him." Ushijima scrunches his face slightly.

"Ah..." You lower your head and apologize.

"Give him a call. Let's walk over there." Ushijima sits up. He offers a hand to help you up, which you take. You're easily lifted off the sofa and Ushijima continues to hold onto your hand. The two of you walk over to the foyer to slip on your sneakers before leaving.

After dialing Semi's number, the phone call continues to ring. There's no response and an automated voicemail plays. A frown is met on your face. "Maybe we shouldn't go Toshi...he's not answering."

"He's probably just away from his phone. We could still drop the picnic blanket off to his parents at least." Ushijima tries his best to be optimistic for you. He squeezes his hand gently with yours, reminding you that your hands are still intertwine. "I want to see him too. There's some things I have to discuss with him."

Raising an eyebrow, you follow Ushijima out of the apartment.