What does love feel like?

Semi manages to balance Y/N in his arms while he slightly struggles to twist the door knob open to enter her room. She stirs in his arms and his heart jumps at the motion. Letting out a sigh of relief, he gently sets her down on her bed. He carefully pulls the blanket over her but his heart is in his throat when she reaches out to grab his wrist.

Y/N is half asleep when she slurs her words tiredly. Like a heartbreaking love movie, Y/N calls out for Ushijima instead of Semi. He clenches his teeth from the name.

"Toshi..."

Semi gingerly pries her fingers off of his wrist. He tucks her in with her blanket. "It's Eita." He corrects her despite her probably not listening.

"Eita?" She flutters her eyelashes, opening her eyes. Her vision is slightly blurry and it's hard to see in the dark.

Semi is surprised to see her slowly wake up. He didn't think she would hear him. The corner of her lips curl into a smile when she sees him. "Did you help me to bed?" She speaks softly. Semi nods his head slightly. Her smile deepens before she looks over to his hand that rests on her blanket. Wiggling one hand out from the blanket, she carefully takes hold of his hand.

"Thank you for protecting me tonight." She pauses before continuing on. "You really wanted to break that guys arm, didn't you?" Y/N eyes Semi's hand. She turns it left and right. Semi is unsure if Y/N is completely awake or if she's half asleep while she's talking.

"I did. Luckily you called out to me before I could do so."

Her eyes look distant when she listens to Semi. Semi's lips twitch, he wants to say something more. "I still feel bad you had to experience something like that. I also feel at fault since you were looking for me."

"Don't worry about it. You had your hands full with those upperclassman's."

"No, it wasn't like that." Semi speaks harshly. He catches Y/N's eyes widen on him. Biting his lower lip, he firmly squeezes Y/N's small hand in his. "I didn't want any part with those upperclassman's. They dragged me away the moment I stepped onto the dorm campus. It was a pain in the ass to get away from them."

"Okay. I believe you Eita." She doesn't question him, believing him in an instant. His shoulders relax when he feels her stroke the back of his hand to comfort him. With a silence looming between them, Semi speaks up.

"I think your plan is working. Ushijima seems to be jealous."

"Yeah?" She muffles the yawn that escapes from her lips. "If only he would admit to it. He's so dense."

"So are you." Semi's words slip out from his lips and he's too late to take back his words.

"What?" Y/N faintly raises her voice. She's too tired to argue any louder than she is right now.

"Nothing. Just go to bed Y/N." Semi bites his inner cheek. He feels her hand slip out of his and sleep consumes her in a matter of seconds. She must've been too tired to say anything more. With a sigh, Semi looks at her in silence.