11 - pitter patter in spring

✦✦✦

"Hey," she greeted, plopping down on a log bench while happily gazing far ahead

Nodding to herself, Sky leaned over to her side and took something out of the large brown paper bag she carried all the way there.

Grinning widely, she wrapped her hands around a beautiful bouquet of handpicked flowers, still fresh and in bright colors.

She turned to the front, extending her arms holding them out in the air, her eye smile showing off and a slight chuckle escaped her lips.

"I still got two days before I get to see him, you know?" she started, sighing before she took each flower one by one out of the wrap tied in a ribbon.

The cool breeze of air made her shiver a little, her expression shifted. She pouted, eyes trailing from left to right.

"Your best friend has been accepted to like, four universities, can you believe that? And I wonder if you helped him cheat his way or something? Not that I don't think he's smart, but you know what I mean," she said, pausing to wave her hands up while explaining.

"You know what I mean, right Jimin?" she asked, expecting no answer so she went back to picking the flowers and arranging them neatly in a box sitting next to her.

"I admit, I miss him. It's been boring, not having him around for quite long. Remember, I used to complain about being in a crowd or simply in a large family gathering? I hated human interaction and you know that well, Jimin. But now it's just—it feels like something changed," she sighed loudly.

Sky, no matter how much she has made it obvious that she liked Taehyung a little differently now, she still won't admit it to herself, let alone to anybody who ever asked.

Ever since she decided to pay Jimin a visit every now and then, she'd bring him flowers, either scatter them all over the lake or just place it in a box and let it sail through the waters.

To her, it's her way to lessen her guilt; wanting to apologize for somehow betraying the boy she loved. Her first love.

And why did she think of that?

Betray him?

She felt bad for having such thoughts for her first love's best friend, yet a part of her wanted to keep going with the flow of her blossoming feelings for him still.

Although she wanted to let Jimin know that. She wanted to at least show him he respects him, and by pouring out all that's on her mind and heart to the boy, she thought it would do good.