01 - the moon, who lost its sun

✦✦✦

A trip down memory lane, with a cup of hot espresso warmed both his longing heart, and chilling body. He sat on his bed, still in this pajama his sister bought him after she won as champion in a chess match at school roughly two weeks ago. 

It's ironic how a bright blue sky, a field of freshly-bloomed flowers, and fluffy white clouds surrounded this clothing, as he looked out the window while it's pouring. I scoffed at the sight.

It's only been 48 hours since Jimin left to visit his family in Busan, and though he never forgets to call him every now and then, Taehyung still misses him badly. He promised him he wouldn't miss soccer training but heck, it's no fun without him. 

Having Jimin around all the time kept him distracted with all the shit happening in his life, and he doesn't remember complaining even at the amount of times he got annoyed by his antics.

They were sun and moon, yet there are two things that they have in common; music interest, and dumplings. 

He'll come back after another three nights, and all Taehyung had to do is to keep himself preoccupied. To do that, he listed down activities he can do while he's gone. 

One, organize their playlists.

It's simple. As of this day, the two have five playlists in total. They differ from what their purpose is, and it depends on what mood they are in. There's one for when they're tired but can't sleep, or when they get dumped by a girl, though they haven't really listened to it because the feeling hasn't come, not yet. 

Also, there's one for when they're happy, you know, when it's a weekend and no homework is left lying around somewhere.

Since their choices are endless, one of them has to update them. Add songs, or delete some if they want to but that rarely happened before. It's an insult to the ones behind the songs, especially when they actually fell in love with it in the first place.

Two, help mom in the kitchen or something.

Okay, this is his idea. Being a kid who are now miles away from home, Jimin has learned early on that no one should take their parents for granted. 

Although he said it depends on the kind of parents you have, or you're born with. 

Take Nara for example, she's his childhood friend in Busan. She grew up in an abusive household. Both her parents are physically, and emotionally abusive towards their children. 

He said Nara would sneak in at their backyard to run away from them every other day, until Jimin's parents noticed so they helped her by reporting her parents to the police. 

She was taken by the social workers, and just three years ago, she's been adopted by two loving couple in their mid-40's. 

She has every right to despise her parents, but not for too long. However, it isn't as easy as many people think. Which is why Jimin believes so much in the quote, "Respect is to be earned."