23 - the lighthouse

✦✦✦

By the time that the four of them reached the area where the lighthouse is located, the sun was setting, faster than the speed of the shuttle bus that took them there

Sky grabbed a hold of Taehyung's wrist and dragged him towards the crowd upfront, while Chaeyoung and Yoongi trailed behind not too far.

The picturesque view of the rocky, forested hill up to the white, tall standing above layers of rocks rendered them speechless, and so were the tourists once they went closer.

There weren't that many people looking forward to get a glimpse and maybe walk up the spiral stairs to the top of the lighthouse, and the crisp summer air getting less and less warm each second makes the time worth spending.

"I wonder if Jimin had been here before," Sky said, wandering her eyes around the scenic place. 

Taehyung glanced to her side and sighed, slipping his hand in his pocket as he pulled her closer to him. "He knew Busan like the back of his hand, of course he'd seen this already."

She nodded, smiling softly while they stepped on the landing where a flight of stairs covered in cobblestones and grass as flowers splayed across the railing.

"He once said he was supposed to tour you around, guess we have to do it together.. don't you agree?" she nudged him, and Taehyung grinned widely, "There's a reason why there is a paid tourist guide we can rely on though."

"No, that won't work. We can't follow an organized itinerary and consider this a school trip or something like that. The less we know, the better. And it's a lot more fun!" 

He laughed, shaking his head at the determination on Sky's face. She's right, this trip shouldn't feel like one of those held by schools which he never really liked unless Jimin was with him the whole time.

And as he trailed his eyes over at the beautiful, and calm sea, he wondered if Jimin had really been there before. He tried to recall if the boy had mentioned anything to him but even if he did, Taehyung's memory was still slowly recovering. 

A couple steps away were Chaeyoung clinging onto Yoongi's shoulder as she made sure not to look down below. Her legs are trembling and so as her hands, she's not one to get scared of heights but it was the sea and how it seems so calm and quiet makes her skin crawl and her body shake.

Yoongi had a straight face the entire walk up the stairs, and he would roll his eyes whenever her grip would tighten on his shoulder. 

She felt him moving away, and Chaeyoung immediately grabbed his arm causing them to nearly trip over and potentially cause the other tourists behind them fall behind.

He yelled, "What the fuck? You could have told me you're scared shit I wouldn't have let you come!" and her face fell in a frown, head hanging low, "I'm not acrophobic or anything, I'm just scared of the water... what if.. what if we stumble and fall and hit the water and drown to our deaths? Or we won't actually die but the waves would come and take us far towards the middle and the sharks would--"