03 - a nighthawk; a star

✦✦✦

If Jimin is the sun, and Taehyung is the moon; Jeon Jungkook is the star.

He remembers it vividly, how a mere stranger then saved his life after being caught busking on the street one night. It wasn't for the money, the young aspiring singer was just deeply passionate in his craft.

He, along with his other bandmates were arrested not for getting too much attention, and causing a huge crowd to gather in the middle of the road, but one of them got into a fight.

Jungkook involved himself in the chaos, stood as a shield against the enemies. He received the punches, the bruises, the scratches, only to protect his friend.

Park Jimin had an ordinary day, he got off early from his part-time job as a delivery guy, luckily, his work friend Min Yoongi vouched for him. He didn't come home immediately though, as his uncle asked him to stop by a store and buy some materials for his pick-up truck.

Once he was done with the list, he decided to walk his way to the train where he passed by a police station that was filled with many people. A familiar face appeared in his sight, and as he drew closer to the commotion, he knew the handcuffed boy being taken by a cop inside was from his neighborhood.

Curiosity dragged him in and though it was risky, he was raised to look out for basically everyone he knew in town, that was a prevalent practice in Busan, especially in his little neighborhood where everybody knows everybody. He felt concerned about that boy.

As Jungkook was defending his bandmates, the police somehow was convinced because of how aggressive the perpetrators were even when they've already arrived at the station. When they were finished making statements, it was time for them to name their parents or guardians, who can pick them up.

Jungkook suddenly felt sick to his stomach as the thought of his parents came into his mind. He didn't tell them what he was doing, or where he was, they can't find out what happened so he stayed quiet. When it was his turn to speak, Jimin, who watched at the doorway noticed him fidgeting in his seat. 

The boy was about to open his mouth but Jimin spoke first.

"Excuse me, sir. I... I'm his uh, guardian," he said, as all eyes turned to his direction. Jungkook's eyes widened, as the stranger who seemed familiar to him stood awkwardly, scratching his nape as he talked. He wanted to stop him, and tell the police he didn't know the guy, but the picture of his mom crying flashed in front of his sullen eyes.

He squeezed his eyes shut to make it go away, and next thing he knew, the guy was reaching for his hand. "I'm his brother, sir. Can I take him home now?" the guy asked.

Strange but it seemed as if the police saw a single resemblance to the two of them that he just shrugged it off and said, "Okay then, you're a minor but whatever, just don't let him get into any more trouble again you hear me? Let's wrap this up fast, sign here."