17 - fly high where fate leads

✦✦✦

It feels just like yesterday, when Chaeyoung had last seen him. The night after he got into a fight, bruises and cuts over his body, yet his smile eventually found its way back.

It took a pleasant dinner, and the softness of her hand, Jungkook didn't need to feel guilty nor broken. He had done great in protecting her, staying by her side through everything.

But that changed the following day, as they laid on their bed engulfed in each other's warmth, a loud bang on the door was heard.

Jungkook's parents had found them, after months of hiding far away from home. They've arrived with the police, the ones who caught him the previous night.

His mother was astonished, as soon as she pushed the door to the bedroom. Her son's drifted into sleep with a woman next to him. 

Her gaze wandered around, a relatively small apartment Jungkook and Chaeyoung lived in, the one they made truly like a home.

It's decorated, the walls painted in cream, plants well and alive sitting on pots, she noticed the way her son's clothes were folded neatly, and they smelled like fresh flowers.

His father, who tried his best to calm down, saw his son's guitar now plastered with stickers, with random words scribbled on with a marker. And there's another instrument, a keyboard, with a name written on top. Chaeyoung.

"He should've just introduced her to us, they didn't have to run away and live like this..."

Her voice was loud enough to wake Jungkook up, it took him a couple seconds to realize what was happening. He jumped off the bed and knelt on the floor hugging his mother's knees.

"Eomma, please please I'm.. I'm so sorry, h-how did you find me?"

His mother fell down on the ground and held him tight, ran her fingers through his blonde hair. Tears began pouring, she called him, pleading.

"Come back home, my son. Please... We've been looking for you everywhere."

His father stepped forward, sighed and gritted his teeth but he was fighting his anger back. His rage shifted into disappointment, he couldn't believe he's seeing his son in such a state.

Jungkook shook his head, pulling away, "I won't. I don't want to. I can't... I can't leave, please appa, I want to stay. I don't want to leave. This is my home, now."

His last line rang in Chaeyoung's ears somehow, she fluttered her eyes open and immediately she got up and covered her mouth in shock once she met his parents' gazes.

She rushed to bow her head down in front of them, words struggled to come out so she stayed silent. Her eyes trailed on Jungkook on his knees, sobbing miserably.