19 - the rain and after

✦✦✦

If one's emotions could control the weather, then it would rain for a very long time. Chaeyoung's cries could be heard even through the thick walls of her room.

Since the day she knew about Jungkook leaving soon, she had shut herself from the world. Not even Sky could walk through, and for weeks, she'd been sitting down on the floor by the door to her bedroom, waiting for her to come out.

Sky would make her food, bring them on a tray each morning before she leaves for work and on most days, they were left untouched once she gets home.

Taehyung arrived one night, in attempt to help Sky give their friend comfort. Chaeyoung likes things simple, especially if it holds meaning.

He got Jungkook's guitar, the old one he used to play with when he was young. It had scribbles of verses to songs he wrote but never finished, and on one of his birthdays, Jimin had left him a message written somewhere.

Jungkook was planning to give it to her anyway, but he wanted to do it personally. However, it seems impossible now, she wouldn't talk to him anymore.

Sky opened the door, her sullen face filled Taehyung with worry. He walked in, took off his shoes and wrapped her in an embrace. 

"I'm so sorry, it took me a while."

She smiled reassuringly, her body felt warm at his touch, "It's alright, were you able to get it?"

He pulled away, returning her smile and nodded, "Yes, it's here," and he turned around, pointing on a guitar case with an embroidered initials that read, J.K.

"What did he say?" she asked, taking the case with her as she guided him further inside.

Taehyung sighed, propping himself on the couch, "He just asked me to tell him how she is. Nothing more. And by the way," he looked at her. "His flight's in two weeks, his application has been accepted."

Sky's face fell in a deep frown, she shrugged and walked over to sit next to him, placing down the guitar case across her. She reached for his hand intertwined with the other above his thighs and rubbed it with her thumb.

"He should at least try to talk to her. I should've let him do that before. But now it's... too late, is it? It's my fault," she muttered, guilt swirling around inside of her.

Taehyung let go of her hand and slid it around the side of her neck, she glanced at him. He whispered, bringing his other free hand on top of her arm.

"Hey, it's not your fault. At that time, it was the only right choice. She'll get hurt either way, weren't you the one who said it was for the best?"

"But she's worse, she has no one else but me, you. What if it goes on for so long, what if something happens to her.... what if she-"

Her words were cut short as they both heard a door creaking open slowly. Taehyung jerked his head up and saw Chaeyoung standing right by the door.