letter 02 - a remedy, a melody

✦✦✦

Jungkook-ah,

Are you reading this?

I've always dreamed of seeing you on the stage. I know you've heard this a million times but, your voice has the power to heal.

And your strength too. 

Unlike everyone else, I've never seen you as a child. You're smart, wise even at the age of when I first met you. You're strong, determined, passionate.

A man of steel.

I remember what I told you, that piece of advice I don't know if you've put into good use.

"Turn your pain into power."

You've been through a lot, Jungkook. And I understand how it feels, that each day of your life feels like you're drowning. You don't feel enough despite trying so hard.

But your pain is what makes you a strong person.

I wish I am as strong as you are, but I'm not. And I hope that you would stay like that.

The industry is harsh and competitive, there will be times that you will fall down and feel like giving up. If you find it hard to get right back, remember my voice.

Remember there's a whole world out there for you to see and explore.

We don't always get what we want but that's fine. There is something meant only for us and I know that if you lose direction at some point, you will still find the path you need to walk through.

Remember the sound of our voices at your basement, in your dad's car, on the mini stage at the bar with Taehyung... think about the laughter and jokes in between our favorite songs playing.

Think of me.

Think of the night we met at the police station, the pain you felt all over, the bus stop, Chaeyoung. Think of us, who believes in you and your potential.

If the stage turns out to be a place not for you, take the road... I believe there's a place for us somewhere. 

The remedy is your pain, use it to drive off to where you truly belong. 

And listen to my voice, the melody of my heartbeat in harmony with yours.

You don't have to feel lonely, you will always have me in your memory.

In your pain, I will be there patching up your scars

In your journey, I will be there cheering you up, guiding you to the right way.

At night when the sun isn't around, I will be the line that connects you to the other stars...

So you don't feel so alone anymore.

My pain isn't your pain, I lived well. Wherever this leads me, I will continue to grow.

My pain is my power. My pain is my remedy. 

And your voice is my melody. 

I love you, my brother.

Your best hyung and your superhero, 

Jimin

✦✦✦

a/n: jimin lived far away from home, he stayed with his uncle so he couldn't be around his brother. this is why when he met jungkook, there was the need to protect him.

jungkook has a loving, caring parents, but growing up, he developed this behavior where he tend to isolate himself. go through hardships alone, rely on people outside of his family and to him, jimin was some kind of superhero. with him, he didn't feel alone.

and now that he's gone, he was in pieces. 

yet jimin knew his brother will find what is meant for him one day.

and along that journey, there's chaeyoung, remember when jimin got her number and gave it to him? he brought them together.

now, this too resonates with me. like i said, everything that i write here is somewhat relative to my real-life experiences hence jungkook's character is me in my early teenage years. i felt lonely then, felt like running away. i wanted to tell my 14-year old self that if she turns her pain into power, she'll be fine.

so you, if you're reading this... your pain is your power. your remedy is your pain. 

and my voice is your melody.