22 - beneath the surface

✦✦✦

TW: mentions of death and physical trauma

"Good morning," she looked up from the counter, grinning, "Eggs benedict?"

Chaeyoung stumbled towards the kitchen, rubbing under her eyes as she plopped down the bar stool and laid her head on the marbled top.

Sky sighed, clicking her tongue as she took an envelope from the pocket of her apron and shoved it into her friend's face.

"Hotel and resort bookings for four, free breakfast stubs, unlimited beer... What else?"

"You didn't even make it to the room, goddamn it," Chaeyoung suddenly shot up, seemingly pissed. She didn't notice the envelope sitting in front of her as she continued rambling about Sky and Taehyung's... well..

"Nothing happened," Sky defended, garnishing her new breakfast recipe discovery. "He left after a couple hours."

"Uh huh? I can tell how moans would sound like, thought you're slick? No, hun."

Stopping her work, Sky lifted up her head and rolled her eyes, cheeks warming up and slightly red. She tried to speak and again defend herself, but there's nothing to explain about.

All they did was just kiss and maybe it was actually making out but that's it. She pushed herself off of him before things could get even more heated, and she was sure if that wasn't acted upon, she didn't know if she could manage to hold it any longer.

But really, that's beside the point. Chaeyoung still didn't see the envelope.

"This is literally the last time I'm saying this but... I'm a virgin, happy now?"

It took a few seconds to process into Chaeyoung's head and as soon as it did, she started laughing, surprised to hear such revelation but also found it hilarious.

She shook her head and laid back against the stool, wiggling the seat as it swiveled. The look on her face held all malice and intrigue. Sky ran a hand through her hair in frustration, pushing the plate towards her direction before turning around to put an end to the conversation.

It was when Chaeyoung finally caught a sight of the envelope, taking it in her hand as she stared at it for a moment, then pulled out the paper and felt something thicker inside, like cards.

Sky took two mugs from the cupboard and began brewing coffee, the faint sound of the machine relaxing her morning even more. She never learned to appreciate breakfasts then but having her work schedule on afternoons now, she realized the importance of starting her day right.

Chaeyoung screamed at the top of her lungs, the screech in her voice caused Sky's momentum to be disrupted, and she brought hands to her ears as she spun around.