16

Fire. Fire was everywhere. Smoke filled the lungs of the two residents living inside the house.

Charlie woke in a coughing fit.

"The hell?" The teenager left his bed and went to open his door. Once his hand touched the handle, he clutched it to his chest.

His skin had been burned.

"Where do you think you're going, Charlie?" A man with yellow glowing eyes stared at The teenager.

He turned around and gasped.

"What the hell?!"

"Don't be afraid of me, Charlie." The man smiled.

"Charlie?!" A faint voice yelled.

"Aunt Jess!!" Charlie screamed.

The man in front of him flicked his hand back.

"Tsk tsk. Calling for help? Charlie, why would you do such a thing?"

"Look, I don't know who the hell you are or what you are, but my aunt knows how to kill things like you. So, I suggest you leave and never bother us again."

The demon laughed.

"Oh, I know who your aunt is." He lifted a hand and drug Charlie closer to him. "But do you know who you are?"

"What?"

"You're the next generation Charlie. My future! With you and others like you, you'll be able to rule this world!"

Charlie still looked confused.

"I gave you demon blood. My blood. You'll have powers of the unimaginable!"

"I don't want any of that!" Charlie shouted. "Look, just stop all of this! Please!"

The demon let go of charlie and smiled.

"Oh, I didn't start this. You did."

"What?" Charlie breathed.

"Charlie!" Jessica pounded on his door. The teenager ran towards her voice.

"Charlie I can't open the door, you're going to have to try from your side sweetheart!"

"He won't let me leave!" Charlie yelled. His eyes never left the man.

"Who won't let you leave?"

"He's not like the others." The demon started. "He needs to be thrown away."

"Leave him alone!" Jessica yelled. "Don't you dare touch him!"

Charlie wanted to scream. He wanted more than anything to get away from this demon. But something told him he didn't need to be afraid.

"You caused this fire, Charlie. It's all your fault. And your aunt can't even save you. She'd rather save herself."

"No. You're lying."

"See for yourself." The man pointed towards the window.

Charlie walked over to the glass and looked outside.

Jessica was yelling at a man. Her hair was a mess and her skin was covered in ash.

"See."

Charlie felt his heart break into two. Why would his aunt just leave him? Doesn't she care about him?

Charlie felt furious. He felt rage.

The yellow eyed man smiled.

"I can teach you how to grow with your powers. If you'll allow me, I can help you become an unstoppable killing machine."