10

Jessica had finished off one angel. Inias was still working on his first.

"Ladel!" The man yelled. "No!"

Jessica whipped her head in the man's direction just in time to get tackled.

"You will pay for all of this!" Raziel bared his teeth as he spun his angel blade in his hand.

The angel gripped his blade and flung it towards Jessica's head. The woman dodged it just in time.

Raziel lunged forward but Jessica blocked him with her spear.

"How do you think you'll get out of here sister? Hm? You think you'll live?!"

"Maybe. Maybe not." Her eyes darted over towards Inias as he just finished his first angel. "But I have a feeling that I'm winning, and you're not."

Raziel reached out for the spear and grabbed ahold of it. Now Jessica was playing tug of war with another angel.

"This is really childish, even for you, Raziel."

The angel growled and ripped the spear from Jessica's grip. He then sent a kick to the woman's stomach.

Jessica flew back a few feet and hit a wall.

"AHH!!" Raziel ran towards Jessica with the spear in his hand. The woman's eyes went wide.

"Oh shi—!"

Suddenly, there was a bright light as an angel blade stuck out of Raziel's neck.

Jessica covered her eyes as Raziel died.

Inias breathed heavily.

"You alright?"

Jessica nodded her head. "Yeah, thanks."

She bent down to pick up her spear and gasped.

"Inias! Look out!"

The angel turned around and watched as Anzel plunged an angel blade into his stomach.

"NO!" Jessica spun her spear in her hands and sent it soaring towards Anzel.

The angel was caught off guard and immediately struck down.

"Inias!" Jessica ran to his side. He was breathing quickly as blood seeped through his wound. Luckily for him, Anzel hadn't pierced his heart.

"Hey, hey!" Jessica covered the wound with her hands. She could feel tears prick her eyes. "Stay with me, Inias!"

The angel slightly smiled.

"I owe you something."

"You don't owe me anything." Tears began to stream down Jessica's face.

"I at least owe you the truth."

Jessica shook her head. "Show me once your better."

Inias chuckled then coughed up blood. "You've still got your stubbornness."

"You can't go. Please!"

Inias placed a hand on Jessica's cheek.

"It's going to be alright."

Jessica began to sob. "I'm sorry."

"Shh." Inias spat out some blood. "Here, take this. You're going to need it once you're back on earth."

"What? How am I supposed to—"

Inias began to slice open his neck slowly. He held a small vile to his wound as the last of his grace came rushing out.