26

"That's how it ends, huh?" John ran a hand across the stubble on his chin. "Are you sure you want it like that? What about Dean—"

"I'm doing this for the greater good." Jessica gave the man a small smile.

He returned one and nodded.

"Well then, might as well get on back down there."

John raised his hand and placed his middle finger against his thumb.

"Just...please be careful." John asked.

Jessica walked over towards John and hugged him tight.

"I will, I promise."

"Tell the boys—"

"I will."

John smiled again and snapped his fingers.

The surroundings changed to brick walls and a musty smell.

"Holy shi—" papers went flying as Sam practically fell out of his chair.

"Jess?" Dean came around the corner to investigate the sounds he heard coming from the library.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Dean ran up to his wife and hugged her. "After the whole Corbin incident, you vanished. We've been looking for you for days."

"I was in Heaven."

"Heaven?" Both hunters questioned.

"How—"

"I don't know, a story for later... right now, just catch me up on our geopolitical situation."

Both hunters looked at each other like they could read their own thoughts.

"Really? You're going to do this now?" Jessica crossed her arms over her chest.

The hunters looked back at Jessica then back at each other.

"Guys you know I can't read your damn minds! Just spit it out!!"

"Jess, we have a case up in Hope Springs Idaho, and me and Sam thought that it would be a good idea for you to stay here." Dean nodded his head slightly.

Jessica looked between the two of them with shock on her face.

"A good idea?" Her arms crossed over her chest. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Dean sighed and stepped towards his wife.

"Jess, look, the crap that you pulled back on our last case—"

"I freaked out. So what?"

Dean shook his head.

"Both Sam and I think it's just best if you were to stay behind."

Jessica clenched her fists.

"You're scared." She looked at Sam who looked to the floor. "You're scared of me, aren't you?"

"We're not scared of—"

"Bullshit!" Jessica yelled. Her eyes flashed red.

Both Sam and Dean flinched.

"I would never...I would never hurt you guys. You're my family."

"Jess—" Sam spoke but was interrupted.

"You want to know what I saw?" Jessica asked.

The brothers stood there in silence.

"There was fire everywhere. Melissa stood by my side with a smile on her face. She was congratulating me on a job well done."