14

"So that means we need to protect this at all cost." Castiel said as he sat down next to Jessica.

"If Melissa has demons after this as well, who knows what else we may be running from." Jessica sighed.

"Wait a second." Sam said as he grabbed his laptop. "That prophecy I read." He pulled up the page that held the prophecy. "That's about you, isn't it?"

Jessica looked at the golden spear in her hand.

"It appears so."

"How are we supposed to protect this and fight against Amara." Dean motioned towards the spear.

"Amara?" Jessica asked. "Who's Amara?"

Sam looked at his brother.

"What?"

"You haven't told her about Amara?"

Dean scoffed. "No I haven't told her yet! She just got back from being de—"

"Hey! One of you just spit it out!" Jessica yelled.

"Alright." Dean pulled up his right shirt sleeve. The mark of Cain was no longer on his skin.

Jessica gasped. "The mark, it's gone."

"Yeah, but it came with a price. Taking the mark off released the darkness. Amara."

"And she seems to have this sort of relationship with Dean."

"Oh? How so? Jessica crossed her arms over her chest.

"She likes me." Dean cleared his throat. "Like really likes me."

"What did you do?" Jessica groaned as she ran a hand down her face and shook her head.

"Me?!" Dean cried out. "It was all Sam's idea."

"Hey, I was helping you alright?!"

"Ok ok, enough!" Jessica massaged her temples. "What is she after?"

"She's apparently looking for god." Castiel said.

"Awesome." Jessica sighed. "So, God apparently exists and he's got some psycho lady after him. Sweet. Let's add another problem to the list."

She looked towards her brother.

"Cas, can I talk to you for a second?"

Castiel looked at Jessica and nodded his head. He soon followed her out of the room.

"What exactly happened after I died? I feel like there's something Dean isn't telling me."

"And he's doing it to protect you." Castiel answered quickly.

"Cas, what is he hiding?"

The angel sighed. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep anything a secret if his sister kept asking.

"After your passing, Dean went dark."

"Dark as in he disappeared or..."

"He killed the entire Stine family. At least the one here in America."

"What?!" Jessica whisper-shouted. "Cas, did they...did they have any kids?"

Castiel slowly nodded his head.

"My god," Jessica hugged herself. She felt sick to her stomach just thinking about Dean killing a child. "Well, he's okay now, right?"

"For the most part, yes."

"And what about this Amara chick? Who is she?"

"After Dean removed the mark of Cain, it let out the darkness. She won't hurt him because he's the one that freed her. It's kind of like the relationship Sam had with the demon Ruby."