4

Dean stared at the angel. Castiel walked past him and towards the young boy on the floor.

"You killed him."

Dean put his pistol in his waist band. "I took down a monster. Because that's what I do. And I will continue to do that until..."

Castiel turned towards Dean.

"Until you become the monster."

"You can leave now Cas." Dean put his back to the angel and began to walk away. That is until Castiel stopped the man.

"No, I can't, because I'm your friend."

Dean looked at the angel. "Really?"

He walked forward.

"Well, let me ask you something—you screw over all your friends?!"

"Sam and I were trying to cure you. We still are."

"Like hell."

"We can read the book now."

"Oh, so, what? So, you might find a spell that might take this crap off my arm?" Dean asked. "Well, even if you do, what's it gonna cost? 'Cause magic like that does not come free. No, it comes with a price that you pay in blood. So, thanks, but I'm good." He turned away.

"No!" Castiel grabbed the man's shoulder and walked in front of him. "You're not. Maybe you could fight the mark for years, maybe centuries, like Cain did, but you cannot fight it forever. And when you finally turn—and you will turn—Sam... and everyone you know, everyone you love—they could be long dead. Everyone except me. I'm the one who will have to watch you murder the world, so if there's even a small chance that we can save you, I won't let you walk out of this room."

"Oh, you think you have a choice?" Dean cocked a brow.

"I think the mark is changing you."

"You're wrong."

"Am I?" Castiel asked. "Because the Dean Winchester I know would never have murdered that kid."

Dean looked at the boys body.

"Yeah, well... that Dean's always been kind of a dick."

He moved forward and was yet again stopped by Cas.

"Dean... I don't want to have to hurt you."

"I don't think that's gonna be a problem."

Dean grabbed Castiel's arm and twisted it. There was a loud crack as Dean then punched the angel across the face.

Castiel grabbed onto Dean's other shoulder. His lip was split and bleeding.

"Dean..."

The hunter grabbed Castiel's hand and hit the man's elbow. Then, he backhanded the angel and threw more punches.

Castiel held up his arms to block until Dean sent a fist to his stomach and his face.

Dean then grabbed the angels jacket and took a knee to his stomach. Then, he threw him towards the burn pile.

"Dean... stop..."

Dean looked at the angel and advanced. He threw another punch at Cas. The angle dodged his fist and wrapped his arms around the man's chest.

Dean threw his head back and heard Castiel stumble back. He sent his knee back to the angels stomach and threw him against a table.

Dean walked towards Castiel and began to bash the angel repeatedly against the table. Then, he threw him on the ground and spotted the angels blade.

Dean grabbed the blade and held it above his head. He stared down at the bloodied angel with hatred in his eyes. Yet, he also felt a bit of sadness.

Castiel placed his hand over Dean's and pleaded with the man.

"No, Dean. Please..."

Dean paused for a moment until he brought the blade down. The man stood up and walked out of the room.

Castiel turned his head to see that his own blade was stuck in a book.

"You and Sam stay the hell away from me. Next time, I won't miss."

The door to the bunker slammed shut. Castiel was now alone in the bunker.